6

i found myself laying on a hospital bed, with my best friend and mom on opposite sides of me.

"you're okay" my best friend reassured as i looked around.

i noticed some tubes attached to me.

"did you know a mason?" my mom quickly asked as i nodded.

"he said he really liked meeting you" my mom said with a smile.

"he was cool" i said.

"he's outside, with a girl- madeline was her name, and like- a bunch of others" my mom said.

"i only ever met mason and miguel"

"there's more people.. brady.. tristan,-"

she smiled, but she quickly looked up as the door swung open to catch mine and my moms and my best friends attention.

"Miss Rosewood will require surgery, she has a ligament tear ater her dislocation" the doctor said as slowly more and more came in, taking tubes off of me and leading me out of the room.

i was so confused, not even fully woken up when they were transferring me to another room.

"y/n" i heard a familiar voice, which was masons.

"she's getting surgery" my best friend said, running after me.

"miss, you have to stay" one of the doctors said.

"but sir!"

"we need space in the surgery room!"

and then we left off, and all i could hear afterwards were sobbing.

masons pov:

me and the whole cast sat back down at the chairs and looked at the mother and y/ns bestfriend who looked like she lost hope.

suddenly madeline started crying as y/n left our sight.

"it's all my fault" she sobs as brady and me comfort her.

"it's not honey, she always had problems with her knees" her mom Vivienne said.

"she was running perfectly well and then-" madeline said, catching her breath.

"and then I dislocated her knee" madeline repeated herself.

"honey DONT worry" vivenne emphasised as she, herself. wiped her tears too.

madeline slowly calmed down, crying into my shoulder as i comforted her.

"she is a good player" i said to vivienne.

"she's been playing since she was little" she replied with a smile.

"dedication" miguel added.

her mom nodded, "oh definitely, it was always a way for her to get her mind off of things growing up"

"i respect that" brady said.

"we haven't really met her though" jordan said as jacob nodded.

"i'm sure she'd appreciate seeing you here anyways, you guys seem very genuine"

we all smiled.

"how'd you meet?" y/ns bestfriend lucy asked.

"we're a cast" miguel said.

"cast?" vivienne asked, confused.

"yeah, we're a cast, for a movie"

"what movie?" lucy smiled, now more excited than confused.

"it's a horror movie- the black phone"

"i've heard of it but haven't watched it" lucy said.

"it's out in theatres anyways- don't expect it to be a massive movie" brady said as madeline now stopped leaning on my shoulder.

she sighed, face puffy and eyes bloodshot.

"don't worry" i reassured as she just nodded, staring at the floor in front of her.

"let's just hope she's alright" vivienne said.

"i'm really sorry miss" maddy said.

"don't worry about it darling, i'm sure she will be okay"

y/ns pov:

i woke up in the surgery room, with crutches already prepared for me.

"how long was it?" i asked.

"almost two hours" the nurse said.

"how's my knee?"

"that is my question! slowly please, stand up and try bending it- slowly"

"but there's a bandage-"

"you can still gently bend"

i stood up slowly with the doctors help.

i started to move my knee as it was very stiff.

"stiff-"

"that's expected, hopefully it isn't a long term symptom, but for now we have given your mother some antibiotics to prevent any risks such as blood clots from occurring in your body, now you can have crutches."

they handed me the crutches and adjusted them to my height as i held them.

my knee was extremely stiff. after bending it slightly, it wouldn't go back to its place.

i sighed, slowly making my way out of the room and into the corridor as i followed the doctors in front and the ones behind followed after me, like some security.

"Mrs RoseWood?" a doctor said as i immediately heard some heels coming in my direction.

the doctors moved out of the way and i saw my mom standing there.

her eyes had teared up as she had hugged me gently.

i then saw multiple people, including mason, miguel and- McGraw? 

"uhh.." i said, moving back a bit, as i was pretty confused.

"sorry y/n, can we sit her down?"

"of course" the doctor said as my mom moved out of the way and i sat down on a chair with one doctor, my mom, lucy and a whole bunch of people.

"here it is predicted that y/n- may not go back to playing football"

"WHAT?" i shouted.

"please calm down-"

"YOU HAVENT TOLD ME THIS?" i said loudly, as i started tearing up.

i noticed McGraw tearing up too, hugging mason.

"here is your information sheet about any of y/ns concerns, please contact us when you need but for now you as discharged" the doctor said, ripping a page off of her booklet before handing it to us.

she then left and i was left with a bunch of people.

lucy and mom sat on either side of me as i had leaned my head back into the wall, trying to stop my tears from falling as i looked up into the air.

"i'm so sorry y/n." mom said as lucy held my hand.

"let me hold your crutches" mom suggested as i handed her them, still looking up into the ceiling.

"y/n" mason said as i immediately recognise his voice and slowly looked at him.