DESOLATUM I

"In that place... That is not home... A place where I am alone is not home."

His father neglected him.

Ron and Beacrox abandoned him too.

Choi Han left without a word.

Everyone... Everyone he trusted, left him all alone.

This person will too.

His mate... The love of his life...

"So, please... Let me go... Alver... I don't want this anymore."

That was Alver's last moment with Cale. A shaking Cale. A trembling Cale without care for the world who would shun him.

Freedom

It was everything that Cale desired.

Not his love.

Not happiness.

Not wealth.

It was his freedom. Freedom from the world that abandoned him. To be free from the shackles that left him in solitary confinement.

He was one of them.

He was one of the people who left him alone by himself — left him hanging with a bitter thin thread of hope.

Until Cale finally gave up.

Until he finally decided to leave the world behind.

Alver stared at the cold body lying before him. Cale's expression was one that is serene and peaceful. He was lying alone on a cold bed. Without anyone beside him, without someone to care for him, without anything but a ragged blanket keeping him from cold.

His heart quivered with despair.

The memory of an arrogant smirk. The shameless plug. The lonely face as she stared outside his castle's window.

Why did I let you go?

Why? Why did I not protect you?

Only when you were gone, did I realize how much you meant to me.

Not because of his assistance. Not because he was more useful than anyone else.

It was because he loves him. Because of the warm companionship, Cale brought to him in his loneliness.

What supported him were not the nobles backing him — it was Cale.

Cale protected his heart from everyone's machination.

He was there. He was there without him telling him to stay.

But when he decided to leave — when he decided to be happy alone — Alver could only watch him walk away.

He could hear the countless footsteps entering the small house. The people that used to serve Cale are one by one falling on their knees.

Regret.

Guilt.

Sadness.

They. All had the same expression as they gaze towards the man lying motionless in front of them.

If... If he could turn back time. If he could spend one more life with him.

He'll treasure him.

He'll make it so that no one will hurt him.

He will love him even if this person won't love back anymore.

If he could turn back time.

"In the next life..."

Kissing his forehead and promising himself for all damnation to have him back.

"I will protect you with my life."

The flash of light engulfed the entirety of the room. The black silhouette stood before him.

"Thy wish one life."

"Not mine but his."

"Changing the past may change your future."

Alver replied with the most resolute tone, "so be it."

Even if he loses the throne or everything he worked hard for — for as long as 'that' person is safe and alive.

"I'll even sell my soul if I could spend one more life with him."

He doesn't want to regret it.

He doesn't want to be in misery without him.

Turn back time, have the chance to spend the rest with him.

His mate. His omega.

In the next life, he will never let go.

When he woke up, he sees the familiar ceiling of his room. He could feel the same power he obtain and remember the memories from the future.

He sat down. His body was smaller and lighter than his usual build. He looked around and sees countless carriages outside entering the Royal City.

"Nephew." His aunt, Tasha called.

"What day is it today?" He asked. His gaze was still on the outside.

"Seventh-day of the third month, 7xx of Rowoon Calendar."

It's today. He beamed at the memories filling his mind.

Today's the day he will meet Cale.

The library pavilion.

The start of their memories together.

TBC