PRINCIPIUM II

Black. That's all that Cale Henituse can see. He was running in the dark, panting breathlessly, trying to escape from whatever is chasing after him.

[stupid brat!]

[useless bastard!]

The curses continued to echo. He continued running without care for the world.

[enough! Stop it!]

They would pull his hair. Slaps his face, and eventually, Cale found himself kicked on the floor.

[I don't want this...]

There's blood on his face. Everything hurts and all he can do is cry.

[stop... I don't want this anymore.]

Resignation. The emotion that filled most of his heart.

Everything was blurry. Everything was about to end. He could feel unable to move. He could see himself under the rubbles waiting for the end.

[finally... I can finally rest.]

He wondered every time silence why he was here. He had done so much for everyone, but none of them showed care. He met that man who allowed him to be loved, something that he had never experienced.

At first, he used him to get into his kingdom, but that person eventually reached out to him while gazing at his affection.

It was the hand that will never reach out to him anymore.

He had no one to talk to. He believed at after his death, everything seemed like a lie just like the smile he put on every day.

He knew he was smiling, but deep inside his soul is crying and there was nothing he can do.

No one loved him. No one understands him. There was so much in his life he regretted and will regret.

He's scared to live.

He's scared to continue.

He had thought to wake up from his dream.

Can I just please disappear?

A bright light shone upon him. A hand was offered for him to take. Cale stared at it for a good while before taking the soft warm hands.

Warm smiles.

Tender gazes.

He held on to the hands that reached out to him tightly as he woke up from his dream.

White. The room's ceiling was white. He gasped loudly. The hard bed was uncomfortable but the warmth on his side made it comfortable.

"what? I told you to snap out of it." He turned to Choi Jung Soo on his left. He noticed he was holding the young man's hand tightly. His right hand felt the same but it was the other way around.

"awake?" Lee Soo Hyuk asked. He slightly rose from the hard bed and checked on his temperature without letting his hand go.

Cale that was gasping out of breath closed his eyes tightly calming his senses to avoid suspicion.

"you can rest." Lee Sook Hyuk gently patted his head and went back to his former position. "you have to make do with us for now... without electricity, it's bound to be cold... and we're handsome alphas, it's a win-win situation. The heater pot is not doing any work."

Cale snorted and laughs lightly. He did not notice how the two alphas looked at him in awe but they never said anything.

Choi Jung Soo, "what? Why are you laughing? We're both dastardically handsome alphas you won't find in centuries."