PRINCIPIUM I

Tap, tap.

Cale Henituse started to frown after feeling someone slapping his cheeks.

Tap, tap.

This hand that was rudely slapping his cheek made him upset.

No one has ever tried slapping him before. He may have been abandoned but no one raised a hand to him.

"Haaaa."

Cale slowly opened his eyes after letting out a deep sigh. He then became anxious.

"...What the hell?"

"Kim Rok Soo! You bastard, hurry up and snap out of it!"

A man in black stood before him. He was wearing a white shirt underneath. His eyes and hair are black and had an uncanny resemblance to Choi Han.

"you!" Cale flinched and touched his neck. It's a different voice. The feeling is the same with my omega body but definitely, this body is different than before.

He looked up in a panic. Memories flooded his mind along with strong yet cold emotions. He can almost see himself palpitating to hyperventilating. He glanced at the man who looked like Choi Han. The person in front of him is named Choi Jung Soo. Someone who started to work at the same time as the person whose memory he is seeing.

"hey... Kim Rok So... you alright?" He was younger than the memories flooding him right now. This clueless face that looked like Choi Han irks him to the bone to the point he punches him without remorse.

"ow! Are you still dreaming?! You're too weak for a fighter but that punch is still painful..." Choi Jung Soo complained and patted his head, "at least, you're well and alive, Rok Soo... I'll call Hyung-nim... snap out of while you're at it..."

Cale felt his hot forehead and rubbed his cheeks. His forehead was bleeding. He lowered his head to find that his black work outfit that was made from advanced materials was ripped in multiple places and that he was bleeding. He subconsciously held onto the annoying blabbermouth but he calm down after understanding his situation.

"Ah."

This moment is the beginning of painful memories.

He blankly looked at Choi Jung Soo who stared at him in return. The guy must have misunderstood and lifted him at that moment.

"Hey! Let's go! Why would someone who uses their head as you come to the battlefield instead of staying in the back? You stupid bastard! Did you think you coming here would help us?"

"Move."

"What? You bastard, I told you, this is not the time to be out of it!"

He knows that it's not the time to do that right now. He could feel the immense regret inside his chest brewing uncontrollably while looking at the man that's supporting him right now.

Cale lifted his body and turned around. He could then see it. The very same memory in this body that overlapped with his previous memory. He could see the few buildings that they had barely managed to rebuild being destroyed while monsters were coming out of a black hole in the sky.

It is that moment. The moment where the memories started to be filled with nothing but resignation and regret.

"...Team leader."

Cale could see another man in the same uniform while leading his people. They were all focusing on defense to stop the monsters. He had been weak back then. The memories right at this moment were fond and merry. He can remember the words echoing inside his head, killing everything, destroying things, and being a slacker for the rest of his life.

Choi Jung Soo... Lee Soo Hyuk... the memories were filled with painful emotions with them.

The team leader will own a farm along with Choi Jung Soo's orchard.

Cale felt his annoyance and anger filling up along with the hidden emotions deep within him, making him even angrier.

He closed his eyes. He then shouted.

"Damn it! I'm going to destroy it all!"

Cale, who was able to win the crown for Alver looked at the two tall people standing before him.

"Hey... Kim Rok Soo... are you fine?" A muscular-bodied young man stood before Cale. His face was perfect for the main character.

If only the one named Kim Rok Soo was able to develop his ability well in the first place – the wouldn't have felt this extreme loneliness as he stared at the two's wide back. They are both Alpha's, compared to the brainy Omega, Kim Rok Soo.

"Attack the stone on their body!" Cale shouted. The two alphas looked at him. They were lost with words because Kim Rok Soo did not curse – rather, his speech is fluent and respectful.

"Rok Soo..." the team leader stared at him for a good while before nodding. "Be at a safe distance..."

Cale couldn't help but reach out to the team leader and Choi Jung Soo, it was as if he had no control over his body as he hold onto them tightly.

"come back..." he whispered, his voice was trembling.

Lee Soo Hyuk looked at his trembling figure and smiled warmly, "everything will be alright. Rok Soo... just wait for a while."

The maddening space made Cale grit his teeth. He stood there not wanting to move as he watched them battle the monsters in the city.

Kim Rok Soo is a pitiful omega just like him who lost everything in war.

However, Kim Rok Soo, who believed that life was precious, lived according to these two people's wishes. He can't love. He can't fall in love. Their deaths sealed Kim Rok Soo's emotions until he felt no more. Kim Rok Soo was a lucky man. To be loved and continued to be loved even after their deaths.

Unlike him. Unlike the trash firstborn of the Count's Family who had nothing from the very start of his existence.

He envied this Kim Rok Soo. He envied him for living a life he desired.

They will die. That was Kim Rok Soo's downfall.

Fully experiencing how Lee Soo Hyuk believed his words, and how worried Choi Jung Soo was, Cale, who is thankful for Kim Rok Soo's for his second chance in life, will protect them. He had his chance to meet his mother in this world. It may be a year after, or five years after, or even ten years – the god he made a deal with promised him that he'll meet his mother in this life.

In return for using this body, he will protect what is dear to his current body's life.

The fight was finished with Lee Soo Hyuk emerging from one of the beasts. These beasts are similar to those in his world, that's why he was able to tell what their weaknesses are.

Cale stared at the bloodied alphas with a smile on his face.

Their concerned expression told him that they find him weird but he could care less as he wanted to try saying this he had never done in his previous life. "welcome back."

He watched them flinch and reach out to him.

"Why are you crying?" Choi Jung Soo said, "this is not you... but... it's good to know, that you can cry."

Lee Soo Hyuk reached out and pulled him close, "We're back... let's go back... you're tired... I know... so... you can rest... nothing will happen, Rok Soo."

The first time someone embraced him was from a world he didn't belong.

The first time someone cursed at him while keeping him safe was in his new world.

They are so precious, just like in your memories.

Aside from 'that' person, these are the two people who didn't ask him what's wrong and initiated comforting him without words just pure actions of affection.

This place was warm despite the cold in Kim Rok Soo's heart, unlike that cold castle pretending to be warm.

TBC