XIII

Dear readers, it's your author here and I'd like to notify you of something in this chapter. Throughout the chapter, you'll notice that the perspective of the characters has been played with a bit because I'm doing some experimenting and trying to find my comfort writing zone, so please don't be confused, it's only Rosalie's perspective that has been changed.

____________________________________________

"Who's the bitch now?" Genesis mocked as Giovanni growled before rushing in with a powerful right hook punch Genesis met him halfway with a dodge before thrusting a quick jab to the mouth and nose catching Giovanni off-guard as his head jerked backward.

Opening his eyes as he woke up from the expected daze, Giovanni spat a bit of blood on the floor before charging toward Genesis as he grabbed him around the waist, and hurled him into the dirt with such force that it scattered everywhere.

Genesis rolled over like a cat, gasping for air before rolling from under Giovanni's driving foot as his brother tried to stomp the life out of him. Genesis scrambled to his feet, picking his hands up from the dirt before lunging at his brother, who crunches down in preparation.

Stopping Genesis with a sharp kick, Giovanni then tackled his brother to the ground, wrapping his hands around his neck and squeezing as Genesis grunted, pulling his shoulders upwards before driving a powerful punch to the side of Giovanni's face, sending him sideways, giving Genesis enough time and opportunity to move and weakly get back on his feet.

Staring as Giovanni got back on his feet with blood trickling down his right eyebrow, and although Genesis was over with this unsolving fight, Giovanni wasn't as he charged after his brother once again catching Genesis with two powerful swings to the head. Genesis's skull roared with pain and dizziness as he braced himself and started swinging in a blind rage, both hands moving with every ounce of power he could muster.

Giovanni was slightly bigger and angrier, so his punches in return packed terrific power, but he was slow, and at this point, it was nip and tuck, dog eat dog, and the two battle until the breath gasped in their lungs and whistled through their teeth.

Giovanni ducked his battered face and started to walk in, stemming the tide of Genesis's blows by sheer physical power. Genesis shifted his attack with lightning speed. He missed a right, and followed in with the weight of his body, slid his arm around Giovanni's neck, grabbed his wrist with his left hand, jerked his feet, and sat down hard as Giovanni began screaming out in unbearable pain that shot through his neck and down his body while he was held in that position.

"What did she do to you to deserve this kind of treatment, Giovanni, what did she do?!" Genesis yelled as Giovanni continued to scream in pain until Genesis let him go.

"You know how much Rosalie means to us, why to do that to her?" He breathlessly asked as they both lay on the ground exhausted and in pain, especially Giovanni, "The last person I trusted betrayed us, and our father was killed," he said earning a sigh from his brother, "You think she's like that?" He asked as Giovanni grunted, "Why not? Mateo already has his eyes on her and now Marcus, just like they were with Blake, besides, she's the daughter of the man that abandoned our father," he said as his brother turned his head to look at him.

"You know how Rosalie feels about Marcus, he was the cause of everything that had happened in our parents' lives, including uncle Javon and Aunt Aaliyah leaving, it wasn't their fault, and it's not Rosalie's fault either," he said as Giovanni sighed in defeat, "You're right," he said before standing up as his brother followed after, "Then what's the problem?" Genesis asked, "I'm scared, I can't afford to lose any more people that I feel close to, first it was mom, then Uncle Javon and Aaliyah, Blake, and Dad," he said as Genesis looked away, "At least we have Mel and Ben," Genesis said as Giovanni laughed humorlessly, "Who are we kidding, ever since Rosalie came to Queensland, I been having this feeling that something is going to happen, and when it does, it's going to cost us more loved ones," he said as Giovanni signed.