XVIII

Rosalie lay in bed staring at the painted wolf with a blank expression on her face while holding the covers close to her body. Today was a humid day, but Rosalie felt cold as her skin grew pale. After the events of yesterday, Rosalie was left in a state of haze. She had woken up at the crack of dawn and since then, she hadn't been able to look away from the wolf that she painted on her wall. She felt like she was going crazy, none of this made sense to her, and it was obvious to her that this doesn't happen to a normal person.

She wanted to talk about it, but she was scared. Scared of being called crazy knowing the cruel people there were in Queensland, they already thought her parents were crazy and horrible, so imagine how they would look at her situation. She didn't want to tell her grandparents, in her mind, she thought that they were probably tired of all the drama that came with her.

Rosalie continuously felt drained of her physical and mental energy. She felt trapped and miserable like something was holding her back. But all those feelings seemed to have faded away once she hears that voice in her head.

...

What took place yesterday had to be the scariest thing that had ever happened to me, I almost died if it wasn't for-

I didn't even want to think about it, it was all just in my head. I was going crazy, a girl from Arizona, whose parents died is hallucinating about talking voices and glowing eyes. I was all in my head and it was destroying my mental state. A tear rolled down my eye as I thought about my parents.

"I wish you were here to tell me that everything is going to be okay because I need you," I mumbled, closing my eyes as more tears flowed out of my eyes. A creak on the floor suddenly interrupted my breakdown session. Looking up, I made eye contact with Giovanni, who froze after being caught. One of his legs still hung outside while the other touched the ground.

I couldn't help but take in his appearance, he was dressed in black and grey shorts with a skin-tight black t-shirt, black shoes a backpack on for shoulders, a freshly cut beard, and his resting on top of his head. He looked scrumptious and smelt amazing. His clearing throat snapped me out of my trance as I smirked at him, "Is this your first time being caught breaking into someone's house?" I asked earning a chuckle as he fully entered my room, "I promise that it is," he replied causing my eyebrows to raise, "Should I be concerned or should I call the police?" I asked as he smirked before taking off his backpack, "How are you going to get your tattoo when I'm in jail," he said my face instantly lit up.

"Are you serious?" I asked, sitting up in excitement, "Yes, but after you eat something, Mel told me that you didn't eat, and you have to Rose," he said as I sighed in annoyance, "But I don't have an appetite," I said as he sighed before moving to sit beside me, "I understand, but maybe just a little, it'll do you good," he said looking in my eyes as I gave in and nodded, "Fine, but you're eating with me," I said earning a dirty smirk, "Or-

"You're such a pig," I said before getting off the bed and walking to my door as Giovanni's low whistle followed behind me, "You look beautiful," he commented as I looked over my shoulder, shyly biting my lip, "Shut up," I mumbled, opening my door and leaving.

Sighing shakingly as I closed the door behind me. The feeling of my cold body immediately left as I began to sweat in the presence of Giovanni. He made me feel hot and bothered as I walked down the stairs with a hand on my forehead, giggling to myself. As I walked down the stairs, I looked down at my body, to realize that I'd been in his presence in baby blue yoga tights and a fitted pink crop top. My face burned in embarrassment as I cursed under my breath.

I entered the kitchen expecting to see Melody and my grandfather, but there was no one, no one was home. I checked the kitchen to see if Melody had left anything she prepared for me to eat, and just like she always did, there was a container filled with food and a note on top of the lid.