Chapter 1: God Tongue

~currently playing~
^show off ~ leo/need^

??? trudges his way towards the exam location

'Dammit! He thinks it's a laugh, huh? I WILL make it to the very end!' ??? thinks angrily as he kicks a bench in frustration.

"Ah! Sorry! I got some on you." ??? apologies, as he didn't notice that there was a young man sitting on the bench he had just kicked.

The young man smiles, "Not to worry. You want to transfer in too, huh? Please, sit down."

"Okay..." ??? replies.

"Tōtsuki's middle school division announces their advancement exam results today. Plus, students like us from other middle schools are here for the transfer exam, so it's pretty lively, huh? I'm Yoshiaki Nikaido. My family runs a French restaurant." the young man introduces.

"Huh, that's a coincidence. We have a family restaurant, too." ??? says.

"It might not be a coincidence. That fellow over there is the heir to a nationwide restaurant chain. The other is the son of a major wholesaler that distributes fresh fish throughout Kanto. Most everyone here works in the food industry in some way. What's the name of your family restaurant?" Yoshiaki asks.

"Ah, it's called "Yukihira."" ??? answers.

"Yukihira... A high-end establishment?" Yoshiaki questions.

"Nah, it's nothin' that fancy. It's just a little diner in Shitamachi- (Shitamachi has a long standing association with the merchant class, as opposed to the most affluent Yamanote area.) - Huh?!" ??? exclaims, as he was kicked off the bench.

Yoshiaki with an intense aura around him exclaims, "You lowly plebeian, you will not sit next to MEEEE! Listen and listen well: This school is not a place for you plebes! It is a sacred grove where only those who live in the world of fine cuisine may learn! That's what this place is! Tōtsuki Fine Dining Academy! Common rabble like yourself will surely fail even the written exam-

He gets interrupted by ??? gripping his collar and lifting him up in the air.

"Don't go deciding what class I am when you haven't even tried Yukihira's food!" ??? angrily exclaims dropping him on the floor and walks away.

The other examinees begin to criticize and insult ??? as he stomps his way towards the transfer exam location.

'I can tell this will be rough. If things are like this right off the bat, how hoity-toity the judge gonna be?' ??? thinks as he walks into the room.

A bunch of murmuring could be heard within the transfer exam room.

"Are those... Could it be..."