Chapter 2: That Chef Doesn't Smile

~currently playing~
^idsmile ~ nightcord at 25:00^

~currently playing~^idsmile ~ nightcord at 25:00^

"Next, we will present our academic emblem. New 1st year representatives, Erina Nakiri and Rin Nakiri."

"Yes!" Erina and Rin replied while walking onto the stage.

"Aah, Erina-sama, she's as lovely as ever! She's beautiful AND one of the top of her class. She's the perfect superwoman! If I could go on one date with her, I'd die happy."

"Waaaa, Rin-sama is looking as dashing as ever!"

"He is so caring and kind. He even shares an incredible bond with Erina-sama. I wish me and my brother had the same bond, but he acts like such a little brat all the time and HE'S the older one."

"How could someone look so handsome and cute at the same time! I look like a complete potato compared to him. He is literally the epiphany of an ideal boyfriend no matter for what gender."

"I know right! He is the only person who makes me question my sexuality. Bet he would look adorable in the girls' school uniform too."

"Idiot! Careless talk like that will get you thrown out of school!"

"Yeah. They're the grandchildren of the don that heads the mafia of the food world!"

"Yeah, but still..."

"And now, we will have our ceremonial address. The academy's director... Senzaemon Nakiri-sama!"

 Senzaemon Nakiri-sama!"

"I-I'm scared!"

"He's the embodiment of fine dining, and has Tōtsuki Academy... no, Japan's whole food industry under his thumb! He's way more than just some mafia don!"

"He's the Devil! The Devil of Cooking!"

"All of you... Congratulations on reaching the high school division. In our middle school division, for three years. you learned the basics of food preparation and furthered your knowledge of ingredients. While, of course, there were drills in which you had to prepare food, there were various lectures, including cooking theory, nutrition, public health, introduction cultivation, and business administration. Now, as you stand at the entrance to the high school division, what you will be tested on next will not be technique or knowledge. Rather, it will be your resolve to live as a chef! Ninety-nine percent of you will sacrifice yourselves in order to hone the final one percent!" Senzaemon stated while pointing towards the crowd of students.