Chapter 19: Dragon Lies Prone Then Ascends to the Sky

~currently playing~
^ray ~ leo/need^

Megumi sighs which causes Soma to ask, "What's wrong, Tadokoro?"

"Seeing Hayama-kun's curry kind of knocked the wind out of my sails. It's a little more than a month till the Selection. Coming up with a dish to rival one like Hayama-kun's in that short amount of time is impossible!" Megumi panics.

"At my family's restaurant

"At my family's restaurant...When I'd watch my dad working up close, I hated to admit it, but I knew it: There's still so much I needed to improve on. And yet, he trusted me to come up with a new menu item. I was scared out of my wits...'Cause I was still in sixth grade at the time." Soma reminisced.

"I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of pressure!" Megumi exclaims fearfully.

"Still...If all you do is worry about what you need to improve, you'll never get anywhere. Right now, I've got nothing to lose at all." Soma states.

"There's no way I'm giving up my job at the shop, or my food battles, so the only thing to do is man up and tackle this, right?" Soma says as Megumi nods her head.

"So then...Spice will be important for this theme, of course, but I don't think that will be all." Soma commented.

"It's six weeks till the Fall Selection. Our hot summer, one devoted entirely to curry, has begun." Megumi narrated.

...

"Generally, about 40 varieties of spices are used in curries. Of these, 10 to 20 varieties are selected and blended together." Yuuki states.

"Huh...I don't think you can just mix them randomly, though, or the flavors would cancel each other out." Ryoko says.

"Should we use the spices whole, or powdered, or raw? Plus, we have to choose a recipe AND the oil to draw out its aroma. Also, do we use roasting or ripening methods?" Megumi rants.