Chapter 23: The Warriors' Banquet

~currently playing~
^mr. showtime ~ wonderlands x showtime^

 showtime ~ wonderlands x showtime^

'It's a fragrance...bomb! So this is Hayama's curry!' Soma thought as the aroma of the dish instantly invaded the senses.

"That dish really packs a punch!"

"I can't believe we can smell it from all the way up here!"

"Contained by the "lid" is a luxurious curry full of umami from the kama!" a judge exclaims.

"Just the smell alone makes me happy."

"Man, I really want to taste it!"

A judge gulps, 'Take some of the naan with curry in your spoon and take a bite!...Ahh! No words can do this justice.'

"Covering soup with pie crust is a technique devised by Paul Bocuse, one of the preeminent chefs of French cuisine. Bocuse attributes the inspiration for his dish to the owan dish in kaiseki cuisine." Marui explains.

"The fragrance of the dish is concentrated within the lid, and breaks free in an explosive burst the moment the lid is broken." Shun states.

"Hayama's weapon is fragrance. He scored a direct hit with the judges, using it to the full effect!" Ikumi exclaims.

"I'm detecting the spices fennel, lemon grass, and cinnamon

"I'm detecting the spices fennel, lemon grass, and cinnamon. Wait, there's something else that unites them! What lies at the center of this strong fragrance?" a judge questions.

Natsume slams her hand on the table. "Holy basil! In fact, it's fresh holy basil!"

"Holy basil?" Soma inquires.

"A spice that is considered sacred in southern Asia. One whiff, and a most luscious sensation courses through your body." a judge explained.

"In the Ayurveda tradition, a traditional medicine practiced in India, it's considered the elixir of life." another judge adds.

"But fresh, high-quality holy basil is nearly impossible to find in Japan!" Natusme exclaims.

"Oh, we grow this year-round at the Shiomi Lab." Akira says.