23

Landon Reilly

The door opened the second I knocked on it, revealing James who was disheveled and in a rush. His hair was messy, his clothes weren't on straight, and seeing him like that made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't help but wonder why he looked like that, if he was just rushing or if he had been in bed with Wren. The sight of him made me want to turn around and never come back.

The two of us stood face to face for a moment before James patted me on the shoulder and moved around me, not saying anything. I couldn't tell if that was a good sign or not.

I sighed and walked through the open door to find Wren sitting at his desk on his laptop. He looked put together unlike James. His bed was made whereas James's was a mess, the comforter hanging off and onto the floor.

"What are you doing?" Wren asked, pulling my attention from James's bed to him. His lips were quirked up slightly, almost in a smirk. Wren looked over to James's bed then back to me, raising his eyebrows. He knew what I was thinking. I know he did.

Wren was about to say something else, but I abruptly cut him off.

"Are you hooking up with James?" I blurted without thinking. There was no taking it back now, no denying that I had been thinking about the two of them, that it had been bothering me

"Wow," Wren said with a grin. "I didn't think you'd actually say it, but you surprised me."

"Forget it," I replied, shaking my head. I turned to leave, but Wren got up from his chair and grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"The last time I hooked up with James was to forget about you," he said in a low voice.

I turned to face him with a frown.

"Don't fucking say that," I said.

"Why?" he asked. "You don't want me to tell you the truth? You don't want to know that it didn't even work and I haven't touched him since?"

"Stop." My voice was quiet and weak.

"Fine," he said, releasing me. "What are you actually here for then? It can't be to interrogate me about James."

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't even look at him. I was embarrassed and I wanted to leave. He wouldn't let me get away with that though.

"I came to clean your car," I muttered, looking anywhere but him. I could see his grin out of the corner of my eye.

"You were actually going to clean my car?" I could hear the amusement in his voice.

He touched me again. This time his hand was on my shoulder, his thumb brushing the skin on the side of my neck. I shivered as his thumb moved across my skin.

I finally looked back at him. He was giving me his full attention with an expression I couldn't decipher. His head was tilted slightly downward and his eyes were gazing up at me. His face was both soft and intense at the same time.

"You were nice to Olivia," I muttered.

"Hm," Wren hummed. "And you wanted to repay me?"

I nodded.

"Well, I already cleaned it," he said. "So you'll have to think of something else. I know there's something we both want."

It took me a moment to figure out what he meant, but when I did realize, my nerves shot through the roof. The look he was giving me was one of desire. I knew what he wanted and I knew he would refuse to make the first move.

I grabbed the front of his shirt and glared at the smirk he gave me.

"You're annoying," I said, walking him backwards toward the wall.