Chapter Two

Serena

"Ughhh get up Nae." I tried pulling up the stairs. The hall light cut on. Oh shit.
"Serena?" My mom appeared at the top of the stairs, staring at Monae. She frowned.
"Is she drunk?" She pointed.
"No. Just really tired. We had a long night." I exaggerated.
"Whatever. Call her mom in the morning and let her know she was here. It's nearly 12 am. I'm going back to bed." She turned around.
"Love you." I called out, trying to sound innocent.
"Yea. I know." She shut her room door. I pulled unconscious Monae upstairs and laid her across my bedroom floor and threw a blanket on top of her. I didn't feel like dragging on my bed...especially if she smelling like alcohol. I took my jewlery off. Thank god I wasn't wearing make-up. I put on some pjs and went to sleep.

Zeke

"Ayo. Wassup with you and Nae?" I asked Romeo as I picked up a bag of trash.
"Who?" He looked up from his phone.
"Darkskin. Drunk. Serena's best friend. I saw yall two laughing." I raised my eyebrow.
"Oh her. We cool I guess. She gave me her number and shit." I looked at him sharply.
'Uhhh huhhhhh. Mmmm Let me find out my nigga upgrading." I punched him in his shoulder. He chuckled.
"Yea, whatever." We finished cleaning up the after-mess of the party and I chilled at his place.

The next day. Serena.

"Reeenaaaa." I heard Nae groan. I looked at the clock. 11:34 am. Damn.
"What?" I looked over the foot of my bed and saw her on the floor holding her head. I went to my bathroom and opened my mirror. I found some asprin. I jogged downstairs and grabbed two water bottles and an orange. I ran back up stairs to my room.
"Here." I handed her the pill and one of the bottles. She immediately took it while swallowing half the bottle.
"Daaaamn. Thirsty ass." I threw an orange peel at her and laughed. She rolled her eyes.
"How did we get here?" She looked around.
"Your "Romeo" drove us home and Zeke has your car at his house still." I said scrolling through my Instagram feed.
"Ah man!! Chres must think I'm stupid!!" She rubbed her head. I shrugged my shoulders. I don't really care for the guy. He's cool and all but I don't know. Me might just be another one of my friends.
"You think I shoulder text him?" She said locking her phone.
"Uhhhh...I don't know." I said blankly eating my last orange piece. She smacked her teeth. Her phone buzzed.
"It's HIM!!!! He wants to talk on the phone" She cheesed. Oh lord. Headphones in. Volume up.
Monae.

Serena put her headphones in. I called Chres. After two rings, he answered.
"Hello." I said.
"Wassup?"
"I don't know. You the one that wanted to talk." I giggled.
"Oh, so you don't wanna talk?" I heard him laugh.
"I didn't say thaaaat." I cheesed.
"Anyways. You okay? You sleep good?" I felt embrassed.
"Yeah. Look. I'm really not like that. I was just celebrating you knos because we won the game and-" He cut me off.
"I understand. It's fine."
"Ok."
"You and Serena wanna chill today at the rink?"
"Yeah sure. What time?"
"5. I'll pick you guys up at her house."
"Haha. Okayy." I cheesed again.
"Aight. Ima talk to you later."
"Ok."
"Bye, babygirl." Babygirl???
"Byeee."
End phone convo.

He called me babygirl. Yesss. Why did he want Serena to come? Why can't it just be the two of us? Oh whatever, he called ME babygirl.

Serena.

I took my headphones out when I saw her hang up.
"Well?" I stared at her.
"WE have to get ready." She jumped up.
"Maan. What did you get me into now?" I groan.
"Chill out. It's just the rink. At 5........with chres." She squeaked.
"Why do I have to go?" I rolled my eyes.
"He wanted you to." I stared at her. Not sure whether or not she was saying that just to get me to go. I just shrugged. It's Saturday. I didn't have any plans anyway.
"Fine. I'll start getting ready at 3....ish." I leaned back on my pillow and started responding to my kik messages.

-

I put my camo cargo shorts on with my red custom-made jersey shirt that said Serena on the back in white letters with the number 10. I put my hair in a high bun and my silver hoops and red vans. Monae had on some high waist skinny jeans and a pink crop-top the said Original in blue letters and she put on her auntie pearl Kd's. Her outfit showed her curves. I don't why she wore her eyeliner, mascara and lipstick to a SKATING rink but, hey, all her.
"Why don't you put on some lipstick or something? Dress up." She smiled.
"No thanks. Not today. I look fine. Considering we're going to a SKATING rink." I said putting my phone in my pocket.
"Oh whatever." She picked up her purse. We heard a beep.
"That's him." She said.
"Nahhh it's the ice cream man." I said smacking my forehead. She rolled her eyes at my sarcasticness. We walked out to his car. I saw Zeke in the back seat. Monae sat in the front.
"Wassup yall?" Zeke asked.
"Deez nuts." I smacked the back of his neck.
"Owww." Me and Chres laughed. He's such a baby. Monae just kept starring at Chres. Probably day-dreaming about some shit. I rolled my eyes abd looked out the window as he pulled off.
"You look nice." Chres said to Monae.
"Thank you." She giggled.
"Yeah. TOO nice. We going to a skating rink girl. Why you dressed.... like THAT?!" Zeke asked leaning over the front seats. I tried holding back my laugh.
"Shut up Zeke." Monae said. I could tell she was embrassed.
"Yeah. Sit ya ass back before a cop pull me over." Romeo pushed his head back.
"Whatever man." Zeke looked at me.
"YOU look nice." He said Romeo's voice. We cracked up. Chres started laughing too. Monae did her little fake girly laugh. Me and Zeke looked at her then at each other. We both knew she hated when Zeke mocked her "baes". We pulled up to the skating rink. I got out first. Then Zeke, Chres, then Nae. We walked inside and paid for our skates. I laced mine up and raced Zeke on the floor.
"Nigga you think you got this?" I asked him.
"Oh. So now you think you can skate better than me?" Me held his heart. I laughed.
"Bet. Loser buys the winner nachos with whatever and as many toppings as the winner wants." I held my hand out. He shook it.
"Bring it."

Monae.

I laced up my skates and tried to stand up but I wobbled a bit. I haven't been skating in a while.
"You ok?" Chres asked grabbing my hand. I blushed and turned the other way.
"Don't hide your blushes from me now." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"It's cute." I blushed AGAIN.
"Stop doing that." I punched him. He laughed and held my hand as we made our way to the floor. I saw Serena doing tricks amd Zeke trying to copy her. Lord. They always competing over dumb shit. Chres skated backwards looking at me.
"You nervous?" He raised his eyebrow.
"No." I said sternly.
"Haha. No attitude needed. You're pretty cool."

Mhmmmmmmm...... Continue Reading.....this aint over