Feline Antics

Lukas jolted himself awake, visions of that basement still vividly in his mind, her red, glowing eyes staring him down, the flowers, the ice spikes, the empty silence. He started getting angry, he was mad at Vanessa. Looking down at his bandaged hands, he moved his fingers. At least he could move them now. But that didn't calm his nerves, nothing could calm them.

He started crying, he didn't care how loud he was anymore, why did everything hurt? It hurt, his body, his hands hurt, his wrists hurt the most.

He was angry and in pain, he wished he could just have died there at this point. He shivered at the thought of that cold basement, he felt so empty and cold. He grabbed the blanket covering him and tried wrapping around his shoulders, though it hurt a lot to move. He did it, and sighed. He was tired, so tired, even after just doing that simple thing.

He was trying not to fall back asleep, it was late, looking at the clock across the room,

it read 3:00 AM. He groaned, running a hand through his messy hair, why was it so late? He couldn't go back to sleep, he was in too much pain to walk, and he was also far too tired anyway.

Meanwhile, Cat was awake worrying about Lukas, she wondered how he was, she could have sworn she heard him crying. She was starting to worry more about him. He didn't say much yesterday, but that was because he was really sleepy yesterday. Cat felt like he didn't sleep enough, perhaps it was because he had nightmares.

Cat got up, pulling the comforter off of her, no matter how comfy she was in bed, she couldn't shake that feeling he wasn't okay. She worried about him a lot, all of the time, he was still in rough shape.

She made her way towards his makeshift room, poking her head in, she saw him, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, he was crying.

Cat practically ran over to him.

"Lukas! Oh no! Are you alright!?"

Lukas looked up from crying, his eyes were all red, he looked very sleepy and upset.

Cat put her hand on his cheek, wiping away his tears. He held onto her, he was shaking. Cat moved closer to him in his bed, hugging him tightly. He was hurting a lot.

Cat ran her hands through his hair, he leaned into her, cuddling into her. He was so sad, it hurt a lot.

Cat hugged him tighter. She may not have had any idea of how hard it must have been for him, but she still showed that she cared about him.

"Everything is going to be alright Lukas, I promise. You're safe now."

Cat could feel his grip on her loosen a bit, he sniffled.

"C-Cat?"

"Yes?" Cat asked quietly.

"Could you, s-stay here, like with me? Just so I can go back to s-sleep?"

"Of course! Here let me get comfortable. Feel free to lie with me if you'd like. I don't mind."

Cat got comfy in the blankets, feeling Lukas press himself against her. Cat hugged him, holding him close to her. She felt really bad for him.

"Goodnight Lukas." Cat whispered softly to him, before she too closed her eyes to fall asleep too.

Lukas woke up again. He must have slept in a lot longer, since there was a bowl of soup on the table beside him, it was cold now. He tried to roll back over on his side, he was too sleepy right now to want to get Cat to heat it up for him.

He rolled over, laying there, staring for a second. That was when he noticed a giant Cat asleep beside him. He closed his eyes before realizing. Wait- a-a giant cat!?

The Cat was softly purring. Lukas was so confused, yet the cat seemed friendly.

"Huh? Since w-when did we have a cat?"

Suddenly the giant cat woke up, it yawned, chirping when it saw Lukas.

Lukas looked up at the giant feline now looming over him. He was actually scared right now.

Then the cat tried to lay on him. Lukas tried his best to stop the big cat.

"No N-no! Don't lay on me kitty! You'll crush me!"

Of course the cat didn't listen, it just meowed and laid on him anyway. Lukas tried to push the big feline off of him but it was no use, it was too big.

"Cat what are you doing! Don't lay on him! Come here! I got you some food!" The voice of Jack said suddenly. The big cat got up, bounding over to Jack.

Lukas gasped, finally able to breathe after being nearly suffocated by a giant fluffy cat.

"Sorry about her, she does this sometimes."

"W-who?"

"You don't know? I was sure Cat told you already, she can turn into a big cat."

Lukas froze, did he just hear that right? That was Cat?

"Oh...I had no idea she could do that."

"Yup, she's able to do that! It's not that bad once you're used to it." Jack replied, giving Cat a pat on her head.

Cat then followed Jack to go get some food. Lukas sat there still in shock. That was probably one of the strangest things he had ever experienced. But then again, at least she was friendly as a cat.