twenty four

"So she's basically free. I mean, she's not going to jail," Dinah explained to Lauren as they walked back to the truck. "She's required to start seeing a therapist and some other special doctor, but that's about it. They said from her uncle's autopsy it was obvious that the gun had misfired. She must've been trying to get it away from him and pulled the trigger by accident."

"Damn," Lauren bit her lip, sliding into the back of the truck.

"Lolo," Camila hummed happily, crawling into the back of Dinah's truck and scooting right up next to Lauren. The five girls had decided to go out to dinner to celebrate Camila's acquittal. Lauren was on cloud nine.

Normani slid into the back of the car next to Camila, with Ally and Dinah in the front. Dinah winked at Lauren in the rear view mirror, making the green eyed girl's cheeks flush red when she realized Camila was practically sitting in her lap.

"Hi," Camila smiled widely, her face inches away from Lauren's. She didn't seem to mind that there were three other people in the car watching them.

"Hi," Lauren giggled, feeling the now-familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach. Camila abruptly leaned in, kissing Lauren quickly and then turning around to make sure everyone had seen them.

"My Lolo," she announced proudly. Lauren was taken aback by the kiss, and moments later Camila's lips were against hers again. This time Lauren caught up, and kissed her back gently. She felt Camila smiling against her lips and couldn't help but do the same. When the kiss pulled away, Lauren's face grew red as she felt everyone's eyes on her.

"Gross," Normani mumbled under her breath, sending Lauren a playful smirk through the mirror. Lauren shoved her playfully, which caused Camila to giggle. Normani moved to push Lauren back, but Camila threw herself inbetween them to stop her.

"Be nice," Camila nodded once, taking Normani's hands and moving them away. The dark skinned girl raised an eyebrow.

"So Lauren can hit me but I can't hit her back?" her and Lauren exchanged glances. The green eyed girl burst into laughter.

"Yes. Be nice," Camila let go of Normani's hands and scooted into Lauren's side. Normani rolled her eyes playfully.

Once they made it to the pizza place, Camila tugged Lauren out of the car and practically dragged her inside the restaurant. They were taken to a large booth in the back, where Camila insisted that she sit next to Lauren. As if the girls would allow them to sit apart from each other.

"What're we getting?" Ally asked, turning the menu over to continue reading it. Camila furrowed her eyebrows and reached across the table, taking Ally's menu away from her and placing it on top of her own.

"Pizza," she nodded once, pointing to the picture on the menu and smiling proudly. The other four girls exchanged glances and shrugged, figuring pizza would be all they needed. The waitress came and took their order, paying extra attention to Lauren the entire time.

Now Camila may be pretty special, but she wasn't stupid. She saw the waitress wink at Lauren and immediately scooted closer to the girl. By the time the waitress collected their menus and left the table, Camila was practically in Lauren's lap.

"What are you doing?" Lauren giggled, wrapping an arm around Camila. The smaller girl glared at the waitress across the restaurant and Lauren followed her line of vision, realizing what she was alluding to.

"Her?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow. Camila looked at her, concern evident in her features. This only made Lauren laugh and shake her head.

"Why would I want her when I've got you?"