Prologue

The curse, the pain, the struggle, was something Malenia was used to since she had memory of her existence. With time the curse had rotten her right arm, to the point it was as if it was burned, rotten. The pain did not stop there. She wasn't allowed to leave the royal mansion of her parents in the capital, Queen Marika, The Eternal And Radagon, the Second Elden Lord.

Her siblings were the only part of her life that made it duable. With 6 six half-brothers, she was in for a time of peace. Her oldest brother, Godwyn, The Golden was the biggest pride of her mother, but even though, Godwyn was still a kind and generous person. Having fought battles against numerous foes, and coming out untouched, made him a reputation amongst the Lands Between, and being the older of all the siblings, he was the wiser.

Twins, Morgott and Mogh, were not encountered much by Malenia. Being sealed away because of their birth as Omens, they were casted away deep below the capital.

Rykard, born of the previous marriage of her father, was an unkind person towards Malenia. Being obsessed with power, he looked at Malenia as an inferior being and despised her because of her curse.

Ranni, her only sister, had an odd relationship with her. Even though they were close and kind with eachother, the hatred Ranni had for the Golden Order was so much, that sometimes she would evade Malenia. This didn't matter much, because they would always forgive eachother.

Radahn, was one of her greatest friends. Being captivated by Godfrey, the First Elden Lord, he seeked to be just as great as he was on the battle field. Being a few years older than Malenia, he had studied incantations of gravitational forces, and led various battles against different foes. They had friendly contests of who was the greatest warrior, having always ending in a stalemate.

And her older twin, Miquella. They were inseparable. Having born with curses, they knew only the pain it caused. And so, they understood each others struggle with it. Malenia, being the youngest sibling, tried always to protect her brother, who was always in books and research.

And so we find Malenia, sitting by her window, watching the life in the capital go by. Watching children play and laugh always made her melancholic, seeing as she didn't had those kind of interactions while growing up. Always in the confinement of the mansion, she longed for new friends, and maybe even a companion. But deep inside she knew, no-one would want to be near her because of the rot spread that could reach them.

Even so, Malenia couldn't stop daydreaming about it.

Suddenly the door opens and behind it is her brother Radahn, with a face that could only mean two things: that he had eaten a lot grilled steaks for breakfast, and that he was excited for some reason.

Radahn: Malenia, I have someone I'll want you to meet.

He said with an inexplicable grin and while eating a dessert of some kind.

Malenia: Who would you want me to meet? Don't you see I'm in the middle of something?

Radahn: That something means watching that guy with the katana practicing in his courtyard?

Malenia instantly grew a blush. Not many people knew, but she always watched a guy from across the street of her window, practicing swordplay. She didn't watch him because she was attracted to him. He watched him because of his impeccable skill with the sword. It was flawless. Cuts, slashes, swings and stabs, everything flowing so perfectly that could've mistaken it for leaves flowing in the wind.

Malenia quickly gain her composure and stood up, she put her glove for her right arm, that reached up to her shoulder. And quickly went and pushed Radahn out of the way towards the hallway.

Radahn: Excellent, I thought you wouldn't come.

Radahn said with obvious irony, and a few snickers between.

Malenia: Just let's get this over with, I don't want to waste my time in some girls that you always tend to change by the week.

Radahn just laughed, so hard it made the walls crumble. The doors in the mansion were very tall, standing 8 feet and being wide as 5 feet they were clearly functional for someone as big as Radahn to fit. But even so, Radahn was always growing in height and weight, he stood a good 9 feet tall, and he would keep growing up for the years to come. But, Malenia was quite tall, being 6.4 feet herself.

Radahn: Well this meeting I'll want you to have is not for me, is for you.

Malenia: Uh? What do you mean by that? Don't tell me this is a stupid consort thing? You know I can't have anyone like that.

She said with sadness. Radahn being the kind brute he was tried to console her grief, but only achieved to break some paintings on the wall seeing as he was still wearing his gold and red lion armour.

Just then they reached the door towards her meeting and upon entering she was confused. There in the room was sitting in front of the flame of a chimney, a man who dawned blue clothes. And upon turning around she found his eyes were gray as mist, meaning only one thing. He was blind.

Blind Man: Malenia, we meet at last.

Malenia: Who are you?

Blind Man: My dearest, I'm just an old man, who is willing to teach you how to make your sword flow like water. I'm just a Waterfowl Dancer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the mansion, there was a swordsman, practicing his father's teachings. Swipe, swipe, swipe, downslash, stab, slash. A secuence he was most familiarised with. He was tall, being 6.8 feet and having very handsome features, he was very well known in that part of the capital. Even so, many ladies would come to him, and he would said he wasn't interested. In fact, it wasn't that he was not interested, it was that for him to become as great as the warrior his uncle was, he needed all the time he could get to train and hone his skills.

Suddenly the door opens, and in comes a blonde woman, with blue eyes and very kind aura. His mother, Gwendolyne.

Gwendolyne: (Y/N) are you going to eat or are you just going to keep slashing at that poor piece of wood.

In fact, the poor piece of wood was severed and broken, after the countless hours of him using it as a dummy practice. He should replace it soon.

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm coming.

He sheathed his sword a red and white katana in its scabbard. And went down to eat some breakfast.

Little did our warriors knew, that soon they would have to put their skills to the test in the battlefield.

-----------------
-----------------

Hello guys, this is my first story on the platform. I was looking for some Malenia X reader stories and couldn't find much, so I thought of giving it a try and see if I could make it work.

I'm going to take some liberties with the lore here, because of the weird timeline that is presented in the game. But even so, I hope you can still enjoy the story.

I'll try to publish as soon as possible, if I don't have any problems, a new chapter should come in the next few days.

Anyways, see you later.