Chapter 4 - Unalloyed Gold

Malenia was devastated. She woke up two weeks after the battle, and when she noticed her right arm was missing she was desolated. Her right arm was her dominant one, all the things she did, she did with it. Writing, eating... Fighting. She could no longer uphold her duty as commander of battlefield, so she stayed isolated in her tent for days. The only one who could see her was her half-brother, General Radahn.

As for the state of the conflict, thanks to the Winged Swords, a group of skilled soldiers, the Leyndell Army was advancing in an alarming rate for the Army of the Land Of Reeds. This group of soldiers was formed by Captain Kristoff, Lieutenant Finlay, Sergeant Luirlan, Corporal Alessia and Private (Y/N) "Tinted Blade" (L/N). He earned this nickname due to his sword always being covered in blood during combat, no matter of much he cleaned it, his katana always had red tints of blood.

The soldiers had heard stories of a Samurai whose katana was covered in a thick sheet of blood, and the comparison between his and (Y/N) weapons were clear. But that Samurai disappeared a long time ago from the Land Of Reeds, so the speculation earned (Y/N) the nickname of "Tinted Blade".

As for Malenia, she was laying in her mattress, when she heard the gruffy voice of her Half-brother.

Radahn: Sister, may I come in?

Malenia simply stood up with the help of her remaining arm and walked towards the entrance of the tent. Her pace was slow and she kept her head down.

She opened the curtain and her brother had a box on his hands. This concerned Malenia, she didn't know what was inside and the uncertainty made her uneasy.

Malenia: Come in.

She gestured with her arm while looking at the scar of her failure. Radahn entered while giving big stomps, it was natural considering the size of such behemoth. He sat at a chair designed for his size, but it wasn't as fit as it used to be. He was still growing.

Malenia returned to her mattress and sat down, looking at her brother to say something. And so he did, and it wasn't what she was expecting to hear.

Radahn: I wrote to Miquella.

Her eyes went wide open. She didn't expect her half-brother to tell his twin brother about her failure on the battlefield. "What would he think of me?" she wondered. But Radahn continued.

Radahn: I told him what happened, and he said he would see what he could come up with. He sent me this, I was hoping we could open it together.

Malenia just nodded with her head. When Radahn opened the box they saw a rudimentary prosthetic. It looked like it was made of iron or steel, they couldn't tell. But what stood out about the contents of said box, was a golden ring like device, with spikes coming out from the bottom. Inside there was a letter from Miquella, directed to Radahn. It said:

"Dear Brother, after our last exchanges of information, I built this prosthetic for my sister. It's made of an alloy of iron and steel. It should be enough for the moment to compensate the loss of her arm. Inside you will find a golden ring. That it's where the prosthetic will be connected to. It's a device that will connect her brain with her arm, this is thanks to dear brother Goldwyn. I made it from unalloyed gold, for I think that would be less painful than the normal metals. This would make it heavier to wear, but my sister is a strong woman, I have no doubt she will be able to use it. You need to connect it where the arm was and give it a twist, this will secure the needles, then you can proceed to connect the prosthetic. Send my love to my sister,

Miquella"

Malenia was shocked. Her brother made her a replacement for her arm, and a functional one. It was marvelous. Radahn smiled from ear to ear when he saw the smile on Malenia's face. Radahn then proceed to grab the golden ring and showed it to Malenia. In closer inspection Malenia saw that it was shiny and inflexible.