Chapter 41

Team 7 had gone on a while and I was still in hospital bed. Naruto had come to inform me that they got a mission to protect someone or something like that. (Ibiki's brother one)

Since I was still recovering from the poison from that mission, I wasn’t allowed to go. Sasuke had seemed a bit more distant than before but I didn’t get a chance to talk to him about it.

I was getting bored in the bed and remembered the medical book the nurse had bought the other day. I opened a drawer and remove the book with title ‘Basic Medical Ninjutsu for Genin’. I sat there reading the book and absorbing what I could.

During afternoon lunch came and I ate it, taking my medicines after that. Soon after Kiba came to visit me with Akamaru and I had fun patting and cuddling with Akamaru.

We talked for a while before I had another visitor and Kiba left. Ino walked in after knocking on the door. I was getting used to Ino coming to visit me. She probably feels guilty for my state but well, it was my choice.

Ino and I didn’t talk much. But I could tell she was trying to be nice to me and trying to become my friend. I didn’t like her but since she was trying, I wasn’t going to turn her away because of our past.

She had apologized to me for being mean to me. I didn’t wanted to waste my time and forgave her, thinking she will stop annoying me now. But then she started showing up in my hospital room everyday.

At first I was uneasy, not knowing what to do or what she was thinking, but then she told me she would like to start over and maybe become friends. I was hesitant and yet I left her just do whatever she wanted. I felt it was better than her being annoying and mean.

Of course, I would be wary of her since not a few days ago we were like rivals in love, even though it was one sided. She was just plain annoying to me.

After talking for some time about what’s going on with their team and my team, she left. I continued to study and lost track of time as I was thinking and trying to understand it all and absorb as much knowledge as I could.

During the Chunin exams I had decided that I would learn basic medical ninjutsu for emergency purposes. But now it was getting interesting and I wanted to learn more than just basics.

‘I am definitely going to ask Lady Tsunade to make me her apprentice. Medical ninjutsu is interesting and very helpful’ I thought before putting the book away and having dinner and going to sleep.

Two days later…
Today Lee has come to visit me and I was happy. But as he entered the room I noticed he seemed kind of down. He seemed a bit depressed.

“Hi Y/n,” Lee greeted me.

“Hey Lee,” I smiled at him.

“Sit on that bed. No one is using it,” I said wanting to make sure Lee is comfortable, especially after what Gaara had done to him during preliminary exams.

Lee walked over to the bed and sat down comfortably. “Lee if something is bothering you then talk to me okay?,” I said.

Lee looked at me startled before he asked, “How did you know?”

“Since when have I known you Lee? You’re my best friend. It would be a shame on me if I didn’t notice things like that about my best friends,” I answered with a huff.

Lee laughed a bit, “I guess.”

“Lady Tsunade told me to quit being a ninja,” Lee said in a sad tone.

“What?,” I asked shocked.

Lee nodded, “There is a way. I will have to undergo surgery but chances are 50-50. I could probably die too.”

“But..! And what are you going to do Lee?,” I asked concerned.

“I am going to take the surgery,” Lee answered with finality in his voice.

I inhaled sharply, closing my eyes before opening them as I exhaled slowly. “When is it?,” I asked.

“In three days,” Lee answered.

“Okay. I’ll come visit you before you go to surgery. I’ll be waiting for you outside okay?,” I said with a soft smile.

Lee looked at me shocked, “What? You’re not going to stop me?”

“Do you want me to?,” I asked in a playful voice.

“No..,” Lee shook his head.

“Lee, I will support your decision. But I want you to know that I will be waiting for you outside with Guy-sensei. So make sure you come back. Got it?,” I said the last part in an assertive way.

“Y/n…,” Lee started crying and I sighed.  Getting up I walked over to him and hugged him. Patting his back as he hugged me back.

Three days later…
Today I was released from the hospital and was on my way back home. As soon as I reached home, I walked into my room and saw the pile of my clothes that I had left on my chair.

I had forgotten to put them in laundry and now I’ll have to wash them tomorrow. I was busy today as I had to go visit Lee. His surgery was today.

I visited him and told him I’m waiting right outside the door before he went in. Guy-sensei was there besides me. We waited and waited, anxiously and finally they came out.

Lee was on the bed resting and they told us that the surgery was successful. We shouted in happiness and were scolded for it, but we ignored them as we were too happy.

Then we spent the day with Lee. I bid farewell as I had to go and greet my teammates. They were going to be back from mission today.

Team 7 was back from the mission but I noticed Sasuke seemed a bit different. I couldn’t pinpoint why or how exactly. He seemed more distant and cold and so I pushed it to the back of my mind, thinking I’ll talk to him another time when we were alone, so that he'll feel more comfortable to talk.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys. How have you been? Did you enjoy this chapter? Thank you for reading. Take care of yourselves 😘 Love you all 💕 Hugs for you ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ Have a great day my babies ❤️