Chapter 68

I felt my consciousness coming back to me. I groaned, feeling exhausted, my body heavy as lead. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and dragged my body upright to sit up on the bed, looking around to find myself in the same room as when we had arrived in Sand.

“You’re awake. How are you feeling now?,” Sakura asked as she came over.

“I’m fine. Just exhausted… My chakra pills are strong as ever I guess,” I replied.

Sakura sighed at me, “I have told you before not to make chakra pills so strong, if the side effects get strong too.”

“I know. But I am working on a way to reduce the side effects while still increasing the strength of pills. It was another try,” I said.

A knock was heard and we turned towards the door. Sakura opened the door and soon two figures walked in. “Hey guys!,” I grinned feeling happy.

“Y/n! Do you know how worried I was?!,” Lee shouted.

“You sound tired. Are you okay?,” TenTen asked. I responded with a nod.

“Sorry Lee. But I’m okay now. You worry too much,” I said with a smile.

“Don’t smile like that! Didn’t Guy-sensei tell you before not to overwork yourself?! I knew you weren’t feeling well! I thought I had seen you grimace! But you smile so quickly I thought I had imagined it! Then you fell like that! My heart almost stopped from worry!,” Lee scolded me.

I tried to suppress the smile, feeling happy that Lee cared this much. “I told you don’t smile like that! I am scolding you!,” Lee said before giving up with a sigh.

“Sorry. It just made me happy that you worry so much,” I said. Then my stomach grumbled, making me blush in embarrassment.

They all began to laugh. “At least your hungry! That means you’ll be fine,” TenTen said.

I tried to get down from bed and stand but felt myself falling forward. TenTen caught me, looking worried. “Don’t worry. I’m just exhausted before of too much chakra use. I’ll need a lot more rest and then I’ll be fine,” I said.

“I’ll carry you around wherever you want to go. And I won’t hear any argument. You’re too reckless,” Lee said sternly.

“Wouldn’t your girlfriend be jealous?,” I gave a sly grin to TenTen.

“Hey! I’m not so shallow! You need help and Lee is your best friend! Plus he is my boyfriend because you helped us get together. How could I be jealous then?,” TenTen asked, making me smile.

“I’m glad that you’re his girlfriend and not someone else,” I smiled at her.

“Okay! That’s enough! Lee you go ahead. We will come later. I need to change and all. Now go,” I shooing Lee away.

TenTen helped me go to the bathroom and took a quickly bath while holding the wall so that I don’t fall, TenTen helped me change and we left the room. Sakura on one side and TenTen on other side helping me walk.

“Y/n,” a voice called out and we turned our heads.

“Hey Temari!,” I greeted her.

“Are you still not feeling well?,” Temari asked, looking concerned.

“Oh. She’ll be aright. Just exhausted. Can’t really walk on her own but will be fine with good amount of rest,” Sakura reassured her.

“Okay. Y/n, your hair are still wet,” Temari pointed out.

“Yes. Can I ask you a small favour?,” I asked.

“Sure. What is it?,” Temari asked.

“Can you use wind jutsu to dry my hair?,” I asked and Temari looked baffled.

“I can but… I never thought anyone would be using jutsu for such thing,” Temari replied.

“Yeah… I had done this before too,” I felt a sad smile come to my lips as I stared at a distant memory.

Temari helped me dry my hair and we arrived in dining room. We talked and ate breakfast, packing our things after. We got ready to leave for the Leaf Village. TenTen helping me walk with Sakura on the other side.

“Come on Y/n. I’ll carry you,” Lee crouched down before me.

“I can carry her. You don’t need to worry,” Naruto sounded annoyed.

Lee got up and Naruto took his place. ‘What is up with Naruto-kun? He is being weirdly’ I thought confused as I climbed on his back.

We left after visiting Lady Chiyo’s grave. The rhythmic movement as Naruto walked and the chatter around me felt nice and I fell asleep quickly.

I felt warm and nuzzled with a sigh, feeling comfortable. Then I heard voice around and opened my eyes slowly to find my face closer to Naruto than ever and felt heat rise to my cheeks.

Naruto was staring at me, surprised with a blush on his face. I quickly backed away. “Hehe. Look at them being all lovey-dovey,” TenTen commented.

“Hey! We aren’t being lovey-dovey!,” Naruto said.

“It does seem that way,” Sakura said.

“Sakura-chan! We aren’t! You know that I like you!,” Naruto tried to explain and I felt a stab in my chest.

“Naruto. Let me down,” I said.

“Huh? What? Why?,” Naruto asked.

“I said let me down,” I asserted.

“But you’re not well,” Naruto said.

“Lee can help me. You wouldn’t want your Sakura-chan to thing other anyway,” I said sharply.

Hesitantly Naruto let me down and Lee carried me. “I am going to sleep,” I said before burying my face in Lee’s back.

I tried to not let myself cry but tears came rolling down and fell on Lee’s back. Lee tensed a little but then walked quietly. I felt grateful to have Lee by my side.

We reached Leaf Village in three days with Lee being overprotective and not letting me walk. He even talked to TenTen about me crying and she sympathized with me.

Whenever Naruto tried to come talk to me for something, Lee and TenTen would always glare at him and not let him too close. I almost laughed at their protective behaviour but deep down I was really happy and grateful.

Lee and TenTen didn’t want something like that incident to happen and make me sad, hurt or cry. Others even said that they were being too overprotective but they didn’t back down.

When we arrived I insisted that I can walk and need exercise. After a while they left me as I send them on a date. It was easy to convince them because Sakura said I was fine now.

Two days later I and Naruto were talking when suddenly Naruto remembered and told me about a certain something. I was shocked to know and quickly bid farewell, taking my leave.

“Kakashi-sensei! What is this I hear! The famous ‘White Fang of Leaf’ is your father?!,” I shouted, barging into his Hospital room.

“Quiet down please..,”  Kakashi-sensei said in a tired voice.

“Tell me! Is it true?!,” I asked.

“Yes. He is,” Kakashi-sensei answered.

“Wow! Really? That’s awesome! He was so awesome and cool!,” I said enthusiastically.

“I heard he chose his comrades life over his mission. He is so awesome! He is like one of the heroes that I admire!,” I said with a huge grin.

“Why didn’t you tell us before?!,” I asked, finally noticing Kakashi-sensei’ gaze has been clouded over.

“Sensei..?,” I asked slowly, confused.

“Huh? Oh uh.. it’s nothing. So you think he was great huh?,” Kakashi-sensei asked in a dry voice.

“Yes! Totally! I don’t understand why some are so.. uh.. mean about it? Harsh about it..? I mean why is a mission important than a human life? If a person is alive then they can continue to go on other missions and get stronger than before. And you still have your skilled shinobi,” I said.

“But I don’t care about what they say! People who don’t know anything are the one’s who talk bad the most as if they know about the person they are talking about,” I continued on with a frown.

Kakashi-sensei seemed to smile slightly, “So do you know about my father then?”

“Not really. But it’s because I don’t know that I can’t and won’t believe what bad things or good things others tell me. And I find it admirable that he saved his friends lives and gave their lives more importance so I won’t believe anything bad anyone says. Because the act in itself tells me that you’re father was a great and kind man,” I smiled at sensei brightly.

“I guess that’s to be expected from you. You even don’t like when others talk bad about Itachi,” Kakashi-sensei said.

“Of course! Because I knew nii-san more than anyone else! They don’t get to tell me otherwise,” I crossed my hands over my chest. Sensei chuckled at that. We talked a bit more before it was lunch time and I had to leave.

------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How have you been? Did you like this chapter? Did you enjoy it? 😁 I hope you had fun! Thanks for reading! Take care of yourself 😘 Love you all my babies 💕 Hugs for you ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ Have a great day 😊