Chapter 89

(Shippuden episode 50)

Naruto made many clones of himself, I made and disguised some of my clone as Naruto into the mix. All of the clones attacked at once and Orochimaru counterattacked with shadow snakes. They opened their mouth to reveal swords in them.

Most of the clones were destroyed, only few remaining who were behind. Naruto attacked with the rasengan and destroyed one, but other snakes attacked him, and the clone was destroyed. The snakes destroyed two more clones.

One of the clones attacked with kunai in hand, destroying the snake and getting destroyed in the process. Naruto had jumped towards Orochimaru with kunai and almost hit him, but was caught by a snake coiled around him.

Naruto was thrown away. "What happened to all your energy from earlier?," Orochimaru asked.

Naruto was breathing heavily on the ground and Y/n was kneeling by his side. "Your power... The power of the Nine Tails... There must be more to it than this, right?," Orochimaru asked.

"Shut up! Naruto doesn't need Nine Tails power to fight you. I'll beat you up, you stupid snake!," IY/n shouted , glaring at him.

"Show me all you've got. Striking Shadow Snake!," Orochimaru ignored Y/n and attacked. Y/n got ready to defend them.
Y/n threw kunai at the approaching snakes but just as before the snakes dodged them. Sudden blast occured and a few snakes disappered in the blast, making them realised they had paper bombs attached. But as the remaining snakes approached them, the wall slightly ahead of them broke.

A huge wood pillar blocked the way from the side and the snakes retreated. The pillar retracted and soon they had Captain Yamato and Sakura with them.

"Orochimaru again, huh...?," Captain Yamato commented.

"Naruto... I'll still let you live... Please dispose of as many members of the Akatsuki as you can, okay?," Orochimaru said.

"Wh-What?," Naruto stuttered out in surprise.

"Hah! You don't need to tell us, but since we will be doing a favor on you, why don't you nicely tell us where Sasuke is," Y/n said.

"But want to get rid of Akatsuki for your own purpose as well so it won't be a favor. I am not obligated to tell you," Orochimaru replied.

"More importantly, I've got business with Sai... So I'll be leaving now," Orochimaru said before disappearing.

"Where's Sai?," Captain Yamato asked them.

"Sai's looking for Sasuke! We have to do something before Orochimaru finds him!," Naruto answered.

"I'll have to use up all of my chakra, but I'll try searching with my Multiple Shadow Clone... Captain Yamato and Sakura, you guys search that side," Naruto said, pointing in the direction Orochimaru had disappeared.

Sakura walked away, getting Naruto and Y/n's attention who were nearest to her. She found Sai's bag and picked up his book that was peeking out of the bag. Opening the book, Sakura was surprised.

"What's this..?," Sakura asked.

Both Y/n and Naruto ha smiles on their faces. "He... was able to remember... He said that's the picture of dreams he wanted to show his older brother," Naruto replied.

"They're both smiling...," Sakura said.

"Yeah... He smiled for real the first time when he drew that... Smiled from the bottom of his heart," Naruto said.

"Yeah! You wouldn't believe it! He smiled so sincerely! It was such a nice smile! Ugh... I wish he would smile like that instead of that stupidly annoying fake smile! It really makes me want to punch him," Y/n added with a little sigh at the end.