Chapter 91

I struggled with all my might as others fought Sasuke. 'Stupid Captain! I need to get out of these restraint before Naruto gets hurt. That bastard!'

The cracks began to widen. I saw Naruto might transform. The necklace around his neck was laying on the ground. Sasuke was staring at Naruto.

I managed to break the restraints and ran towards Sasuke as he stumbled backwards from Captain's attack. I couldn't stop myself from running towards Sasuke even after I saw a dome starting to raise around him.

It was too late but then I focused on Sasuke and landed a solid hard punch somewhere. It was too dark to see in the dome. Sasuke flew out, the dome was breaking from the force the crashed.

I couldn't care less. I was mad. I was angry. He had tried to kill Naruto! How could I not be? Naruto shone like the sun. Never giving up even when things got difficult.

Never giving up even when others might lose hope. That's who Naruto was. Kind and warm, just like the sun. And I wouldn't let anyone destroy my hope.

'I'll kill him! That bastard has to die! How dare he!' I ran out of the dome my anger, strong as ever.

But Sasuke jumped away and stood on the upper ground, staring at all of us. I stood besides Naruto, to protect him if need be. I wasn't going to attack Sasuke when he could dodge and go for Naruto.

(Shippuden episode 53)

"Why don't you get it?! Soon, Orochimaru's going to take your body!," Naruto shouted.

But Sasuke's reply was as apathetic as ever, "If it happens, it happens... You're still a kid, Naruto. Revenge is everything to me. If I can carry out my revenge, it's no concern of mine what happens to me, or to this world. Put simply, neither I nor Orochimaru can defeat Itachi right now. But I can obtain the power to accomplish that by giving my body to Orochimaru, then I'll give him as much of this life of mine as he wants."

"You'll never be able to beat Itachi nii-san no matter what you do! Even with Orochimaru's help there is only so much you could do. As if the likes of you could defeat him!," I mocked him not to try to get under his skin, but it was my actual honest opinion.

Sasuke's eyes twitched slightly. "The talking is over. Naruto, Y/n and Sakura... I didn't want to do anything rough in front of you guys... but I'm going to get serious now," Captain Yamato said.

"Captain Yamato!," Sakura called out.

"You don't need to worry about me Captain. I have seen worse when I had gone on a mission with another team. I'll join you," I said moving forward.

"What do you mean, serious...?," Naruto asked.

"I can't just let those who left the village in the same way as Orochimaru run loose. So I'll do whatever I have to do to haul Sasuke back to the Hidden Leaf," Captain Yamato answered.

"The Hidden Leaf, huh...? I've had enough of you guys...," Sasuke said, making quick hand signs and raising his hand.

But Orochimaru appeared out of nowhere and stopped him, grabbing his hand. "Don't bother with that jutsu, Sasuke," Orochimaru said.

"Let go of me...," Sasuke said.

But before anything else could happen, Kabuto appeared, "Don't talk to Lord Orochimaru like that..."

"If it isn't the snake's lapdog," I commented.

"You look battered mess," Kabuto retorted back.

"Thanks. I still better than you," I smiled a smile which didn't reach my eyes.