𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

I get into the drivers side of my rose gold jeep with a sigh

I get into the drivers side of my rose gold jeep with a sigh. I'm a bit frustrated. The only day that my two best friends have free is today, and of course with my luck I'm scheduled to babysit at 8 PM. I'm still going to meet them at our hangout spot, but what pisses me off is I'm going to have to rush. I don't like rushing.

It's 6 P.M right now meaning I only have two hours to spare. Not enough, but at least it's something.

My foot hits the gas to the highest pressure. These people drive like shit, they are slow.

I arrive at Moonshadows Malibu in 10 minutes, which was originally a 25 minute drive. Me, Amelia, and Chloe usually come here every week. It's a nice restaurant, right on the beach overlooking the ocean. I love it.

I walk inside, the host leading me to where Amelia and Chloe is seated. Before I can make it there someone grabs my arm. I turn around knowing who it is, my eyes rolling in the process. Jackson.

"What?"

"Don't be like that Adelena." Jackson works here as a bartender. He's only 17, yet he's allowed to work here because his dad owns the restaurant.

"I'm not doing anything." Jackson fails to accept the fact that we aren't in a relationship anymore. I can understand it. I didn't really give him a reason on why we broke up. Either way he has to let it go sooner then later.

"Can we at least talk." I can feel Chloe and Amelia's eyes burning daggers into my head. Fucking great, now they're going to pry everything out of me.

"About what Jackson? I told you I'm not speaking to you about our relationship anymore. That era is done."

"Not about our relationship, just about me and you. Can I please see you tonight?" I feel bad saying no. As much as I want to I won't. It hurts my heart that Jackson is not over me. I don't like leading people on. Maybe I can hook him up with some random girl from school.

"I'm babysitting tonight but after I can." He smiles with his white teeth. His luscious dirty blond locks falling over his forehead.

"Okay. I'll text you." With a smile in return I continue my way to the table.

As soon as I sit down I get attacked with questions.

"Are you guys back together?" Chloe ask with a look of disappointment.

"I hope you guys are." Amelia chimes in.

They both have different opinions on Jackson. Amelia loves us being together while Chloe absolutely hates it, for some odd reason.

"No." I respond in monotone.

"So you guys aren't?" I just said that Chloe.

"We are not together." Amelia huffs while sipping on her drink. Chloe grins. Sometimes they can be a little overbearing with the question's. I get it. Their my bestfriend's that want to know everything that goes on in my life.