𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I didn't know what to say

I didn't know what to say. I was so nervous I couldn't even answer her question.

"Was that t-the boy from y-your instagram? Your boyf-friend?" I curse myself from speaking. She wasn't supposed to know that.

"So your stalking me now?" I could see her grinning from the window.

"Adelena." I plead. She makes me nervous when she does that, interrogates me.

"Yes that's the boy from my instagram. No that's not my boyfriend anymore." The relief I feel when she said that is concerning. I wonder why they were having sex, but at the same time you don't have to date someone to have sex with them.

"So... w-will you ever remove that highl-light of him?" She runs her fingers through her curly hair. I shouldn't of asked that.

I'm jealous of him.

"Do you want me to?" My mouth opens to speak before closing into a straight line. I didn't except that answer. "Speak up Tate."

"Yes." She nods her head. I watch as she pulls the phone away from her ear, putting it on speaker. Then types away.

"It's done. Go look." I click on her page with a smile on my face. No highlight of that boy. Just one of her. I hear Adelena laugh before I look up to see her attention back on me. "I see you smiling."

"I'm not." Stop lying.

"Yes you are." Adelena knocks on the window, gesturing for me to roll it down. Once I do she hangs up the phone. "Wanna have some fun?" Thoughts swarm in my head. Dirty thoughts. That's not what she meant.

"W-what kind of fun?"

"Sneak out with me?" I've never snuck out before. I've never thought about it either. I would love to do it with Adelena. Getting caught, possibly grounded is worth it when it comes to her.

"Okay." Her eyes go wide.

"Seriously?"

"Y-yes. Want t-to go now?" Adelena eagerly nods her head.

"Meet me in my driveway." I'm so nervous. This is my first time hanging out with a girl. On top of that we're going to be alone.

Don't embarrass yourself.

I tip-toe out of my room and down the steps. My face scrunches when they creak loudly. Curse this old house. Luckily I get to the front door, unlocking the lock before placing my hand around the door knob.

"Tate?" Oh no. I slowly turn around with a smile. Just act normal and say you forgot something in your car. Nobody will notice straight through my lie. I can't lie for shit.

Scarlett is standing by the stairs in her unicorn robe, eating a snickers bar. Okay, I feel better I can lie to Scarlett, right?

"Where are you going?"