Sunrise

"Matt! Matt, you're going to be okay I promise," Adalynn's sweet and gentle voice broke through the chaos around him. His body hurt, more than he thought possible. But he had to save that gentleman; the car was out of control and he had to save him.

"Addi, my eyes hurt! Why do they hurt?!" He screamed, clawing at the foreign substance that threatened his well being. Trying to push his hands away from his face, she tried her best to wipe away the harsh liquid.

"Adalynn, why can't I see?! Why can't I see?!" He screamed, looking to her as his vision clouded before becoming dark. The last thing he saw, was her panicked face. She had tried her best to stay calm; but looking around her, she finally realized what had caused his vision loss.

"Matt, you're gonna be okay, I promise,"

The stench of gas burned his nose almost as much as it burned his eyes; the fuel burning like a thousand suns while his body seemed to be lit with fire. He felt as if he had broken every bone in his body, the uncertainty of everything making him panic more.

"Adalynn please don't leave me, please." he pleaded, tears flooding his eyes as his body tried to fight back the fuel.

"I promise Matthew, I promise,"

~~~~

Present day- 21 years later

"Alright ready?" Adalynn's soft and tender voice encouraged. Smiling, Matt nodded and adjusted his red tinted glasses. Clinging onto her shoulder with his left hand, and his cane upright in right hand. The sound of a lock turning over and a wooden door creaking open alerted him that they would be moving forward.

"Walking," she alerted, a sense of joyfulness in her tone. Her boots clicked agaisnt the old wooden floors, slowly leading him into their new apartment. He could hear that her heart was slowing down slightly; something was wrong.

"What's wrong, love?" He questioned, quirking his eyebrow at his other half. Adalynn laughed nervous, pushing her long brown hair behind her ear.

"It's just not as good as the listing had stated," she said. A hint of embarrassment and sadness in her tone. Matt laughed lightly and slowly made his way across the room, his cane moving back and forth as he hit the couch and then the coffee table.

"From what I can gather, it's a large room at least, enough for me to get around. Wooden floors, drywall walls. It smells a bit musty, but nothing we can't fix." he smiled, turning as she walked back into the living room from the adjacent kitchen.

"Why don't you show me around love?" he drawled, a wide smile spreading across his lips as he held his hand out for her. Adalynn agreed and took his hand, placing it on her shoulder, she began the tour.

"To our left, large windows that cover almost the entire wall. Lot's of natural sunlight," she giggled, her laugh warming his heart as he followed. They could be living in an actual dumpster, but as long as he was with her, he didn't care.

"And now we are entering the bedroom, reach out to see how wide the door frame is," she instructed. He was shocked as he reached out, tripping over the bare wood when his hand finally reached the wooden trim.

Her sweet and loving laugh warmed his heart, his own laugh escaping his lips as he laughed at his own trip up. "How wide is it?"

"Sixty inches. The bedroom is that wide and the living room into the kitchen is at least forty-eight," she said, planting a kiss on his cheek as she continued to lead him throughout the apartment; leading him through the bedroom and into the bathroom. Finishing  the tour in the kitchen, Adalynn beamed at her boyfriend, leaving him to stand alone as she plopped herself down on the couch.