Company

The door opened slowly, the hinges crying for oil as footsteps made their way into the room. The light from the hallway engulfing the darkness before the door shut again with a soft click.

"You need to get out," a soft voice forced out a chuckle, her hand covering her nose momentarily.

"Get out, how? Cause didn't your little sugar daddy say to stay here?"

"Well, there is someone I know who's single and would probably love to meet someone as badass as you. He's kind, sweet, little grumpy and to himself but I know he would love you."

"Are you talking about Bucky Barnes or Steve Rogers?" Adalynn chuckled as she rolled over and put out the cigarette in her hand. "Because as far as I know, the only people you know are the Avengers."

"Hey now, maybe you could give them a try! They're good men!"

"Sami, I don't need dick. I need Matt...I need him to not be so goddamn stupid and to not-" Adalynn cut herself off, groaning as she covered her face with her hands. She knew she sounded stupid, wanting to go back to a man who had cheated on her. She knew she deserved better, but she also knew that she only wanted Matt.

Sami sighed sadly, she knew exactly what her sister was going through. "Listen, why don't I have Fury or Natasha drop us off some party clothes and we go out for drinks yeah? I highly doubt Fisk has people up here in rural Minnesota."

Time seemed to crawl after Sami had called Nick, who in turned called Natasha. The sisters never got a call back from Nick confirming if Natasha was even on her way.

That is until a harsh knock came to the front door. "Stay here," Sami whispered, standing up and handing her sister a towel before drying her own hands.

Pulling the gun from the back of her pants, Adalynn looked to Sami in horror before shaking her head and sliding back down into the warm bath water. She figured dating one of the most powerful man on the plant had to come with knowing how to shoot a gun.

Another harsh knock came to the front door as Sami made her way down the spiral staircase, careful to stay below the banister and to move slow. She didn't have a clear shot yet, and the whole living room was open. Even if she took cover behind the kitchen island, she would be exposed long enough to get shot.

"Open up! I know you're in there Sami!" A raspy voice called. Pushing the breath out that she didn't know she was holding, Sami bounced down the last few steps before making her way to the front door.

Sami held a large smile on her face as she faced the smaller redhead. "Natasha! Good lord you really should have called!"

"I tried. This place blocks all calls except to Fury," she deadpanned, a soft smile spreading across her painted lips as she held up three black garment bags.

"I got the dresses you asked for. Fancy but also functional," she said, walking past Sami and into the living room. "For Adalynn, a black two piece with a pencil skirt. Dress shows a bit of her stomach but just enough to make the boys do double takes."

"For you, I got a blush pink dress with lots of rhinestones. And for me, a dark burgundy mid thigh dress." Opening each of the garment bags, Sami smiled in awe of the beautiful dresses her friend had picked out.

"Sami, who's this?" A soft meek voice called out. Looking up towards the balcony, Sami smiled towards her sister; her hair dripping wet, creating a puddle around her, as she held the overly large towel tight around her body like a toddler would after getting out of the pool.

"Ad, this is Natasha. Nat, this is my sister Adalynn." Sami introduced, gesturing between the two women as she spoke. Waving, Adalynn smiled to the redhead before she padded back into the bathroom, her puddle causing her footsteps to leave a trail.