Chapter One

EXTREME AGGRESSOR

B.A.U - BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS TRAINING

FBI, QUANTICO, VIRGINIA

Jason Gideon is teaching a class of (hopefully) future FBI agents, up on the wall, there are projections of various victims. Amelia Rowe is sitting on a chair to the side, facing the students, although you can't see her face as the lights are off in the lecture hall.

"Does anyone recognize these faces?" Gideon asks

"Victims of the 'Footpath Killer.'," A woman in the back answers

"That's what Virginia newspapers are calling him. We refer to him as the Unknown Subject or Unsub," The lights flick back on "I told Virginia PD -- we're looking for a white male in his 20s... who owns an American-made truck in disrepair. Works a menial job. I told 'em when you find him ... don't be surprised to hear him speak with a severe stutter,"

One of the students raises her hands and Gideon gestures for her to speak "Not to sound sceptical, but come on ... a stutter?"

Instead of answering, Gideon points to Amelia who stands "Where did the murders occur?" she asks the student, who seems to realise her mistake "On hiking paths, which are isolated," she pauses, expecting Gideon to chime in, he doesn't "let's say I'm a killer, I have to use an immediate application of overpowering force - even out in the middle of nowhere. What do I lack?"

A man raises his hand and speaks "Confidence,"

"Exactly, confidence," The side door opens, and Amelia turns to see Dr. Spencer Reid standing with a file "Excuse me," she nods, and walks to the side as Gideon continues for her.

"If I lack confidence. I can't charm victims into my car like Ted Bundy did. I can't because I am ashamed of something..."

"Another case I won't get to go on?" Amelia asks quietly and Spencer looks sheepish, gesturing for Gideon to step over.

When Gideon and Amelia leave the students, Reid is instantly filling them in, showing them a file with a crime scene photo of a dead woman.

"They're calling him the 'Seattle Strangler.' Four victims in four months. He keeps them alive for seven days. The handle serves as a crank," They walk along the hallway

"Allowing him to control the rate of suffocation,"

"To prolong it?" Spencer questions

"To enjoy it," Gideon enters his office "Seattle's hit a wall?"

"Physical evidence is non-existent. There are no tangible leads,"

"So that's why they need us," Amelia falls into a chair opposite Gideon.

"And another girl is missing," minutes later, Hotch and Morgan enter the office "I'll look the case file over. I'll get some thoughts to you ASAP,"

"You're gonna be with us in Seattle ASAP," Hotch corrects, and Gideon looks up from his file, catching sight of Amelia's grin "Don't look too excited" Hotch scolds as Morgan passes Gideon a photo.

"22-year-old Heather Woodland,"

"Before she left for lunch, she downloaded an email with a time-delayed virus attached. The killer's virus wiped her hard drive and left this on the screen," Hotch hands Gideon a photo of the message, he reads it, recognizes it and passes it down to Amelia as he turns

"'For heaven's sake, catch me before I kill more. I cannot control myself'," as Amelia reads, Gideon stares at his wall where there's a framed photo with the inscription on the bottom:

'WILLIAM HEIRENS,

THE LIPSTICK KILLER, 1945.'

"He never keeps them for more than seven days, which means we have fewer than 36 hours to find her,"

"They want you back in the saddle. You ready? Morgan asks

"Looks like medical leave's over, boss,"

"We're going on a case?" Amelia asks, ignoring any reservations Gideon may have and looking at Morgan and Reid excitedly "Like on the jet, going on a case?"

"Excited to get out of house arrest Lia?" Morgan teases

"They sure they want me?" Hotch nods

"The order came from the director,"

"Well, we'd better get started,"

"Yes! "Amelia jumps up and Hotch raises an eyebrow "I know, I know, 22-year-old Heather Woodland has less than 36 hours and I shouldn't look so excited,".