Chapter Four

Amelia leaves Derek with the more tech savvy agents and heads up the stairs to join the rest of the BAU and Elle, she enters halfway through a conversation.

"It's considered to be the most difficult board game ever conceived,"

"What? Go?" Amelia comes to stand next to Spencer and he nods

"Chairman Mao required his generals to learn it,"

"It also looks like he's playing himself," Spencer looks down at the board

"How can you tell?" Elle asks, watching him spin the game

"This might provide an advantage, actually," he never answers "Go is considered to be a particularly psychologically revealing game. There are profiles for every player -- The Conservative Point Counter, The Aggressor, The Finesser,"

"What kind of player is Slessman?" Hotch is stood in a corner, his arms crossed.

Reid leans forward to study the board for a moment, he then looks up "Extreme Aggressor,".

Every agent seems to sigh mentally, before leaving, heading down to Slessman's bedroom, where Morgan has just finished plugging a laptop into the computer.

"Okay, here we go,"

The laptop hums and a DEADBOLT DEFENSE login appears on the screen.

"What's the number 6 at the bottom of the screen?" Elle points

"Number of password attempts before the program wipes the hard drive,"

"There could be an email or a journal in the computer, something that tells us where Heather is. Do you think you can break in?"

Gideon suddenly turns his head as if he's only just listening in on their conversation.

"In six tries?" Morgan scoffs and shakes his head.

"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Gideon is obviously quoting something, and Morgan raises an eyebrow.

"Samuel Beckett," Reid adds

"Try not. Do. Or do not." Morgan counter-quotes

Gideon looks to Reid for help, but Amelia is grinning and explaining already

"Yoda," her and Reid echo.

Gideon turns and looks on the small wall shelf, he suddenly reaches out to grab a book from the bottom of the stack. He pulls the book out and looks at it, the title is 'Journal of Applied Criminal Psychology.' He flips through the pages of the book and finds a newspaper clipping inside. The partial headline reads: "-BLAST KILLS SIX". The photo under it shows two men. One of them is Gideon, his hands and pants bloodied.

"I wanna talk to him," And then he's gone.

"Aren't you supposed to be going everywhere he does?" Morgan questions Amelia "Even the bathroom,"

"I've been stuck with him for six months, give me a break,".

-----&-----

Eventually Elle leaves with everyone else, and Morgan and Amelia are left alone, Amelia is sat on Slessman's bed "Have you rung Garcia yet?"

The silence speaks volumes.

"Morgan!"

"Yep, yes, ringing her now," he gets his phone out, the phone barley rings when Penelope answers.

"You've reached Penelope Garcia in the FBI's 'Office of Supreme Genius',"

"Hey, it's Morgan and Lia," he puts her on speaker phone "Need you to work me some magic here. I got a program called Deadbolt Defence and a girl with only a couple of hours to live, so what do you know?"

"That you've got a problem. Deadbolt's the number one password crack-resistant software out there. You're gonna have to get inside this guy's head to get the password,"

"I thought we were calling the 'Office of Supreme Genius'," Amelia teases

"Well, gorgeous and gorgeous, you've been rerouted to the office of 'Too Friggin' Bad.',"

"Thanks anyway," Morgan hangs up.

"Guess we've got to get profiling," Amelia stands up, heading for the rest of the house, she starts up in the attic, it was clear that this was where Slessman really spent his time.

Minutes later, she hears Morgan call.

"Amelia! Get down here!"

"Coming!" she rushes down the stairs and finds Morgan in the bathroom, he flashes her sleeping pills.

"Okay, you're Richard Slessman, and you have trouble sleeping. What do you do when you're in bed?"

"Let's find out," Morgan goes into Slessman's room, laying on his bed, exhaling before reaching up into the headboard cubbyhole and grabbing a handful CDs. He reaches around a bit before grabbing a portable CD player and headset.

"What's inside?" Amelia asks, Morgan checks

"Nothing,"

Amelia looks around, and sees a CD rack, Morgan notices as well, he gets up and shouts out the door to the other agents.

"Guys, a little help!" Several enter

"We're going through every one of these CDs" Amelia explains "Look for scratches, wear and tear,"

"We wanna know which CD he plays the most,".

-----&-----

a/n: another short one, I know, I'm sorry. But the episode will be finished in the next chapter. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on Amelia!