Chapter Seventeen

THE FISCHER KING

PART ONE

The BAU had, by some miracle, been granted two weeks' vacation time, and each member of the team was running around the office on a Tuesday morning, trying desperately to get home quickly.

Amelia's desk had never looked so clean, and she was dressed less business, more casual as she packed her bag.

"Slow down there Tiger, what's got you in a hurry? Morgan laughs

"I have an eight-hour flight to catch, in..." Amelia checks her watch "Three and a half hours,"

"You heading back to England?" Elle asks as she sits on her desk, coffee in hand

"Scotland actually! Dad retired there,"

"I thought both your parents moved here with you?" Derek questions

"They did. Dad moved back," before being asked to elaborate, Amelia is saved by Spencer appearing "Ready to go?"

"You dropping Pretty Boy off?"

"We're going to the same airport," Spencer explains "I'm going home to Vegas. Have a good time guys," the two doctors leave the bullpen and Amelia waves back at Hotch as he descends the stairs from his office.

ANTHONY ROWE'S HOME, SCOTLAND

"Mimi!" as soon as Anthony Rowe's front door is opened, his arms are wrapped around his only daughter, "I thought we agreed I'd pick you up from the airport," Amelia smiles and hugs him back

"Hi Dad," he pulls back and inspects her face, hands on her shoulders "I wanted to surprise you,"

"Well, you certainly did that," he takes her suitcase from her and wheels it in "You must be exhausted sweetheart," as he says this, a large yawn breaks through the young girl "Head up to the guest room and lie down, we can catch up later," he smiles warmly and Amelia has to take a minute to process it, she hadn't seen him since her graduation, and things were more than frosty with her mother.

"Okay," Amelia follows his directions and once her head hits the pillow, she practically instantly falls asleep, her Dad had been using the same washing softener for years, and it smelt like home.

The next morning, Amelia's dad has taken her out for breakfast, and when they return, the postman had been.

"Oh, Mimi, this is for you," her father passes her a small package

"What?" Amelia inspects it "Only like ten people would know to send it here," her dad shrugs

"I'll put the kettle on, okay?"

"Okay," Amelia puts the brown bag down and makes a note to open it later, in the meantime, she had copious amounts of chocolate, and reruns of EastEnders to consume.

"How's the second PHD going?" her father asks later in the day

"Good! Yeah good. I mean it's taking longer than my sociology one, but obviously, I'm working at the same time, and the FBI loves paperwork,"

"I'm proud of you Amelia, you know that right?" she looks over at him across the sofa "I know things were hard for you after the divorce and me moving...but you're the youngest agent in your unit, you're a doctor,"

"Thanks, Dad," Amelia smiles

"Anyway. Any special someone in your life?" Amelia snorts "What? I'm just asking!"