Chapter One

So some people believe that there's always going to be a twist or death even when a book starts out all friendly and happy and cute. And yes, I do create a lot of angst, though today I shall write a book unlike any other hermitcraft fanfiction.

A story with no angst.

"Gri, Gri. Darling—"

"Mm,"

"Grian, come on. You'll sleep through the whole day if I let you."

"So let me." He whined, "Come cuddle. It's too earlyyyyyyy..."

Mumbo crawled back into their shared bed, though fully dressed in his suit, before laying a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead. "It's eight in the morning! You told me to get you up 'no matter what' so you could get everything done today."

"Too bad," The builder mumbled, pulling the wool blankets over his head. "I'll work tomorrow."

"Well then, I need to continue working on my mega base. I'll come back later today when I'm done, alright?"

"Nooo. Stay." Grian said with a pout, grabbing Mumbo by the wrist to stop him from leaving. "Just an hour or two more. Please?"

He gave a defeated sigh, flopping back into his pillow. "Fine, fine." The redstoner muttered, beginning to undo his tie. "But just for you. At ten we need to get up and work, alright?"

"Mm..nah." The smaller male smirked, cuddling up next to his partner. "Let's stay in bed all day. It's rainy and cold out."

"You just don't want to do the back of your base." Mumbo teased, "You're procrastinating~"

"Am not." Grian huffed.

"Are too."

"Maybe I just wanna stare at your pretty face all day."

"My face is rather gorgeous." The taller man winked, combing his pointer finger and his thumb through his mustache to exaggerate.

Grian frowned. "No, this is the part where you say 'oh, your face is pretty too, and you're so smart and such an amazing builder and I looove the waffle on the back of your head.'"

"No, I don't think I would say something like that." Mumbo said, putting his arm over his boyfriend's shoulder to pull him closer. "I think I would say something like, 'you have such a gorgeous laugh, it makes my heart skip a beat whenever you giggle.' Or 'when I see you smile, everything gets better.' Or maybe something like 'you are absolutely breathtaking, especially when your eyes sparkle with a new idea for a build.' Shall I continue?"

He paused as he saw Grian's face covered in a burning red blush. "You are smooth, MumboJumbo." The builder muttered under his breath. "Okay, yeah. That's good. Thank you."

"For what? For being adorable?"

"For making me feel special." He said softly. "I appreciate it."

"Oh darling," Mumbo frowned, placing two fingers underneath Grian's chin so that they could lock eyes. "You are special. Always. So much more than you realize. Every time I look at you, my heart feels lighter. Every time I listen to your voice, every time we sit together, I feel so at ease. I love being with you, because you're so special to me."

Their foreheads were touching now, and they stared lovingly into each other's eyes. Grian couldn't help but lean forward, pressing his lips softly against Mumbo's. A moment passed, and another, and another. They had kissed countless times before, but they never seemed enough. This felt different; this was so sweet, so perfect, and it made them both melt. It felt right.

"Thank you." Grian whispered once again when the kiss ended, a small smile gracing his features. "I think I'm ready to get out of bed now."

"Oh, why? We got all the time in the world. Why not spend another hour in bed."

"Goodness, Mumbo. Now it seems like you're the one who's procrastinating."

"Unlike you, I have nothing to procrastinate. I just want to spend time with my lovely boyfriend."

"Fine, another hour in bed." Grian smiled, "But after this, you're buying breakfast."

"Oh, alright." Mumbo said without arguing, "Breakfast sounds wonderful."

It was a warm morning in the middle of Spring, the smell of pollen and fresh dew still in the air. Season seven was still going strong, though most were taking the time to relax rather than work. And given the choice to work on complicated, thought-provoking redstone creations or to hang out with Grian, Mumbo would always choose his boyfriend.

Mainly because his brain hurt. His two brain cells were going to catch fire if they kept working.

As promised, Mumbo took his partner out for breakfast later that morning in the shopping district. It was later than they planned (Grian didn't want to get up when the time came, so they ended up cuddling for an extra hour), but that was alright. They had all the time in the world to relax, so there was no need to rush.

"I feel like I don't need to pay." The mustached hermit sighed, "This just seems unnecessary."

"Oh come on, Mumbo. I want breakfast here, pleeeeease?"

"From your own barge?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Wouldnt I just be paying you? Why not just take them, since you own the entire shop?"

"Just the rules of society." Grian smiled, sticking out his hand to accept payment. Mumbo frowned, though reached into his pocket. He dropped a couple diamonds into the palm of his boyfriend's hand, all while grumbling underneath his breath.

"Thank you for your business." The owner of the barge said while shoving the diamonds into his pocket, before opening the chest of golden carrots. He handed a stack to Mumbo before taking a stack for himself.

"You're the worst." The redstoner mentioned sarcastically, taking a bite out of his carrot.

"Oh, I know." Grian responded with a wink, "And you love me for it!"

Mumbo simply rolled his eyes. "Come on, you gremlin. Let's go visit Grumbot before you make me pay for even more things."

"We might need rockets for the road," He suggested. "Only one diamond per stack."

"Why did I ever decide to date a businessman." Mumbo shook his head, walking out of the barge as Grian followed in suit.

"Because I'm too cute to resist." The shorter male smirked, grabbing his boyfriend's hand as they walked.

"You're lucky you're cute, or else I wouldn't let you steal from my storage system all the time!"

"Who, me?" Grian asked innocently. "Why, I would never steal!"

"Suuuure." Mumbo chuckled, pulling out a couple rockets that he had on hand. "Come on, let's get going."

Nothing bad will ever happen in this story. No angst.