The First Full Moon (.6)

- Sorry for anyone looking forward to Young Love, but I'll be skipping that episode and moving straight to Moon Spell because honestly I had nothing for Cory to do in that episode.

-

"Welcome to my gothic world!" Rikki said as she saw the black balloons scattered all over Emma's house.

"Who died?" Cory joked.

"It's my dad's birthday," Emma told them with a frown. "It's an important night."

"I can't believe you organised this whole thing by yourself," Rikki said as the three other girls followed Emma further into the house. "It's very, um... efficient."

"Have I told you about the seafood?" Emma asked Cleo.

"About 25 times," Cleo answered.

"Tell your dad it needs to be fresh, and it has to be his best stuff." Emma continued.

"As opposed to the fish they just left out in the sun." Cory joked.

"Very funny. We need to have it here by 7:45." Emma instructed. "Better write that down."

"You seem a bit tense," Cory said as Cleo started looking around for a pen.

"I'm not tense," Emma said. Straightening out her back.

"You're grinding your teeth," Rikki said. Pointing to her own teeth for emphasis.

"It's called a smile, Rikki," Emma said with a slight twitch. "Elliot, don't just do yellow and black; get some other colours."

"Alright, alright. Gee," Elliot sighed as he threw one of the black balloons at Emma.

"If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself." Emma huffed. "The night's itinerary."

Emma passed a sheet of paper over to Cleo. Explaining how the night should go.

"You've got a gap between 9:10 and 9:40," Rikki pointed out.

"That's when I read my speech," Emma explained.

"For 30 minutes?" Cory said. Somewhat bewildered by the thought of that.

"I've timed it at 26 minutes and 45 seconds, approximately," Emma said proudly. "Leaving a little over 3 minutes for applause and congratulations."

"Sounds more like a battle plan than a party." Rikki smiled.

"I need to test out my speech," Emma thought out loud.

Cory had to admit that she admired Emma's commitment to do a "26 minutes and 45 seconds" speech. She had trouble handing 5 minutes speeches for school. When she was younger, she once panicked when being called up and shouted that she needed to go to the bathroom... in front of the whole class.

But on the other hand, Emma's speech came off as somewhat wordy and overdramatic. Cory thought that maybe she didn't get it because she didn't have the same kind of relationship as Emma did with her dad.

She did miss her dad sometimes, though.

Later on, Cleo had to leave for work. Leaving Rikki and Cory with a definitely not stressed Emma. They were at least able to get her out of the house for a bit. Reminding her that she needed to pick up some shoes for the party.

Once that was done, the three of them decided to visit Cleo to show her the new shoes. But when they got there, she seemed a bit confused.

"Did you see that?" Cleo asked as they approached her. "That old woman? She was standing just there."