Chapter Nine

The rest of the week seemed to fly by. Sasuke visited with Azula but made no effort to even acknowledge the fact that he fucked me. He told me the ship-off date was scheduled for Monday. Azula isn't going to understand, but Sasuke promised he'll call when he can to talk to her, which I guess it'll do. I pointed out that she would not remember him, and he said she'd remember if I remind her.

Friday night came, and I went to work as soon as I dropped Azula off at my parent's house since Ino had another date. It was a typical Friday night, with a local band setting up to play from eight to ten. I made my rounds chatting with everyone a little here and there. At nine, Suigetsu walked in holding a small dish of vanilla ice cream. He took a seat, and when I walked over to get his order, he handed me the ice cream. "I forgot to ask what you liked, so I defaulted to vanilla. Since most everyone likes vanilla." He replied with a smile.

"I thought you forgot about me. Haven't heard from you." I admitted.

"Sorry. I was doing a long run around from Monday to Wednesday and slept all day Thursday. I'll get better at reaching out."

"Well, thank you for the ice cream," I said, walking back to the kitchen to pick up an order. I took a few bites of the ice cream while I took a breather. I threw the rest away as I loaded up my tray with the food.

I made my way around delivering the food, collecting empty bottles and dirty dishes before walking over to the bar. I chatted with Danzo at the bar while I filled drinks and made my way back around the tavern delivering drinks. "So, you ship out on Monday. How do you feel about that?" I asked Suigetsu as I handed him a beer.

"Not too bad. There's talk about us returning in six months instead of the full year that was projected." Suigetsu replied, taking a sip from his beer. "Besides, I have a new friend to chat with to help me stay with the real world."

I chuckled. "Stories of climbing out of cribs, potty training is going to start, and household chores. Sounds like a man's wet dream."

Suigetsu laughed as well, "I look forward to hearing the crazy stories. Did your dad lower her mattress for you?"

"Yes. He did it on Monday morning, and I got to argue with her father why I didn't ask him to do it. Then we just discussed how she's going to forget him during any duration. It was more of an argument than a discussion." I admitted.

"Stupid, she's only two. Sasuke will have make an effort to chat with her or you during our deployment. He's a fool not to want to be with you. I mean, actually, be with you." Suigetsu commented, shaking his head.

"He's ashamed of me. I know this more than anything else." I replied. We both looked up as Sasuke walked in, and my heart skipped a beat. I was still in love with him, and I hated myself for this fact. "What'll it be? Whiskey sour?"

"I'll just have a beer. I got a plan with this smoking hot waitress tonight." Sasuke replied as he passed me.

"Good to know. Good luck to her." I shot back.

"Don't be like that, Karin. You know I'm talking about you. I miss you." He whispered in my ear. "I know you're going to miss me, so I'll spend time with you and our daughter this whole weekend." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

I made my way around until the last call to avoid spending too much time talking to Sasuke and Suigetsu. Closing time came, and Kakashi walked me to my car again. When I got home, I found Sasuke at my front porch again. I sighed and walked up to my porch. "What do you want?" I asked him.

"You." He replied, pulling me in close to him for a kiss. He pushed me against my front door as he deepened the kiss. "Karin, staying away is killing me. I want you so much; I need us to be together. I want us to be a family." He whispered against my lips.