𝟶.𝟶𝟷

𝙾𝚊𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗𝚗 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚝|| 𝙻𝚢𝚗𝚗𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊|𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝|

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊
|𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝|

Placing the blunt to her lips Oaklynn took a long drag bobbing her head to the music that had lowly played "Black Woman" by Emanuel through her headphones. She took another pull of the marijuana filled joint as she jotted down a few more words in her journal.

Feeling the cool breeze of the fall air pass by her she bundled herself into her jacket crossing her legs more so she could find her body heat.

"Mother of creation. All the nation. Sing your praise without knowing. Black woman, sometimes.." She lowly sang along to the words before, looking up watching the pond that had been filled with ducks and ducklings.

This was a daily occurrence for Oaklynn. Whenever she would get out of school; sometimes even sneak out of school she would find herself at the canal writing in her journal her thoughts and feelings while enjoying the beauty of nature.

It always made her feel better. Took her anxiety away whenever she could be one with nature.

"Why did I know you would be here." Jai'are said almost scaring Oaklynn who had quickly closed her journal.

Jai'are and Oaklynn had been the bestest of friends since as long as the two could remember. They were conjoined by the hip. If you didn't know any better you would think the two were siblings. If anything Jai'are was Oaklynn's only true friend and vice versa.

Jai'are was a beautiful girl who was blossoming into a woman. She was a brown skinned slim figured girl who always carried herself with class. Her and Oaklynn were total opposite's in personalities but, that's what made the two so close.

"Oh hey Jai." Oaklynn smiled once Jai'are took a seat in the leaf filled grass next to Oaklynn. She looked Oaklynn over following her gaze seeing why Oaklynn was so intrigued only to see the beautiful waterfall extruding from the middle of the pond.

"What you doing?"

"Nothing. Just writing." She simply said causing Jai to nod. Jai knew writing brought Oaklynn to peace; it seemed that was the only thing that kept her at peace.

There was a time where Oaklynn used to be happy but, now she felt like she hadn't felt happiness in a very long time and she honestly forgot what it felt like. She forgot how it felt to wake up everyday and not fear for the dread the day would surely bring. Some days she didn't even want to leave her bed. Most days she didn't care to even be alive.