𝟶.𝟶𝟺

𝙾𝚊𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗𝚗 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚝|| 𝙾𝚊𝚔𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊|𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝|

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊
|𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝|

Sitting on the sidewalk alone, Oaklynn let the tears stream down her face as she pulled the thick blanket she had been given over her body. The bright red and white lights of the fire trucks and police lights along with their sirens had drowned out any thoughts Oaklynn tried to have.

"What happened Oaklynn!! Are you okay?!" Jai'are screamed loudly once she spotted Oaklynn through the large crowd of the firefighters and police along with the nosy neighbors who had been on the scene.

Oaklynn nodded standing to her feet so she could hug Jai'are. Walking over to Jai'are who instantly pulled Oaklynn into a hug she couldn't help but to cry on her friends shoulder looking at the large flames that had overtaken her home.

It was true, Oaklynn's home had caught on fire and with Oaklynn falling asleep she forgot all about the grease she had placed on the stove. The whole house was up in flames by the time the firefighters showed up.

"What happened?" Jai quietly asked looking at Oaklynn's face. Oaklynn face was red from all the crying she had done.

"I fell asleep with the grease on the eye." She said wiping her face with her jacket sleeve.

"What the FUCK happened!" Oaklynn heard behind her. Turning around she watched her mom stumbling as she tried to get past a few police officers so she could make it to the burning house.

Her face held a unreadable expression until she turned to Oaklynn. Her expression had changed almost immediately from shock to pure anger; almost a look of hatred.

"That bitch! She did it!" Helen yelled trying to launch towards Oaklynn but, the restraint from the police and her drunken state had slowed her down drastically.

Oaklynn flinched at her mother's outburst.

"She burned my fucking house down!" Helen cried out a slur present in her voice. Oaklynn felt the least bit of bad.

For years Oaklynn had to be in the house with this mentally, physically, and emotionally abusive woman since her fathers passing. She had endured the roughest treatment no child should feel and yet she did right by her mother but, stealing her hard earned money that was well over five thousand dollars was Oaklynn's breaking point.

That had been the cherry on the top of the melting pot.

"Ma'am please calm down." One of the officer's who was restraining Helen said as she continued to kick and scream at Oaklynn.