08 • Cigarettes After Sex

Sunghoon

Thursday and Friday flew by quickly on both days i was studying seasons with Seong. Still haven't seen her smile.

Since i won that last game last time, we had a lot of free time in our hands. Our coach is letting us rest easy for 2 days.

It's currently Saturday and I'm sitting on my couch watching a Cdrama halfway through the whole day.

As much i try to stay away from her, my mind just won't stop thinking about her. My mind is so impatient to see her smile.

Preferably one of the smiles from our childhood. Those were the cutest smiles I'd ever seen.

I have to see her

I take out my phone and began texting her asking if she busy today.

Not that long later she answers back "No not at all why?" Geumseong response

"Wanna do something/eat today It would be great for you to experience to try it out. I text back fast quickly impatiently for her to answer.

My Fingers starts to tap my knee without me realizing it. It takes her a while to reply back but her bubble chat finally appears again.

"Sure, what time?" Geumseong responds back.

We chatted back and forth for a bit discussing how to get there and at what time and we settled on me picking her up at 5:30pm.

At 5:25pm I'm already at her house and parked on the side of her house. I messaged her letting her know i am outside that she can come out whenever she is ready.

5 minutes later she appears at her door away and looks like she is locking the door. I turn my attention to my phone screen to pretend like i didn't see her leave her house.

Seong come to the passenger window and knocks it.

Once she settles in the car i began to drive to the dinner. "Do you want to play some music?" I ask her to unlock my phone for her.

Don't use your phone and drive!!!

"Sure, but what if you don't like my music?" she mumbles just enough for me to hear.

"It's fine and play whatever you want it's all yours." I reassure her.

She grabs the phone from my hand and begins to type on my apple music. The song apocalypse by cigarettes after sex starts to play. Omg I love this song so much

I felt the urge to just sing and that's what I did. "you leapt from crumbling bridges watching citycapes turn to dust"

Geumseong shifts her head to me  and I can see her impression change. She must've been shocked that i knew the group or that I am singing along to it or both.

my lips curve up into a smile as I began to sing the next lyrics. "Filming helicopters crashing in the ocean from away above"

"Got the music in you, baby tell me why" Geumseong began to sing

Her voice sounded like if she was a real siren. She sounded like a famous musician but way better. The sound of her singing kept replaying in my head as she continued with the rest of the lyrics.

Somehow Geumseong stuck him with her voice. Focus on the road he thought almost drifting away from the driving

We continued to sing the lyrics as we pulled up at the dinner. Hearing her siren voice made me feel things. It was just beautiful, I just want to hear it again.

As we sat in the dinner table enjoying the warm food placed in front of us, my mind went straight to the moment we were the car when she started to sing. I wanted to know more about if wants to be a singer in the future because she definitely should. She should because she haves the voice of an siren. Not just singing her voice it sounds angelic in general.

"Have you ever thought of being a singer" I ask her dipping my fries into the ketchup and plopping it in my mouth.

She nods, forcing a smile. "Yeah it's my dream actually"

the smile on my face slightly faked when I realized she just used a fake smile. Planting the smile back on my face, I respond

"you should be a singer or musician, your voice is just like if you a siren and its perfect" I say studying her expectation on her face.

"Should I?" she responded herself in her seat

"Yeah, I would be your first fan and your only number one fan" I joke with a little bit of seriousness in my tone. I wasn't exactly lying about what I said. if she did become a singer or anything I would support her being her number one fan.

Suddenly I'd be waiting for what I been sainting to hear. Geumseong gaze soften and a real smile appeared on her face since it worked after all.

I held a huge smile on my face as my eyes twinkled. I was really relieved after all. I finally got to see her real smile. Geumseong had dimples too, I didn't think it was possible for a girl get more cuter than they already are.

This is a smile I had to absorb quickly because just as it came disappeared in a blink of an eye. Her smile disappearing didn't make me drop my smile instead I kept my smile the same.

it was a smile of joy, satisfaction and relief one.

"You finally learned to smile again" I let that out and my gaze never drifted for her.

"Again?" she asked a question while taking a sip of her chocolate milkshake.

"Nevermind" I mumble, I keep the same smile on my face.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Author note

OMG YAAAY SHE FINALLY SMILED!

Hey guys i am sorry I haven't been able to upload more of the story since lately i been busy a young adult with school and work 😔

Also let me know what I should add to make this story better 🤭