Ep. 5. A Family Story

"Aren't you happy to see your brother?"

Kai's POV:

"Brother?" I said. "Mom, what is he talking about?"

She looked angry and attacked him, not worrying about his weird and creepy dark power.

Mom pushed Max against the wall, inmobilizing him.

"Where's Nya!" tears of anger started forming in her eyes.

"Thirty years without seeing each other and you treat me like this?" He didn't seem bothered by the situation he was in.

"TELL ME!!" Mom screamed.

Me and my dad tried to step in but in that moment I saw that he was forming a dark orb in his hands.

"Mom, look out!"

I pushed her out of the way of his attack.

"I'd love to continue with this child's play, but I have things to do".

Then he just disappeared. Literally vaporised in thin air.

"Did I really see what I just saw?" Jay said.

"He just..." Lloyd didn't seem able to finish the sentence.

"Disappeared, yes" mom said. "I should had known".

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'll explain everything, but not here. We're not safe, he can come back at any second. We should go to the Monastery".

"Okay, let's go" I said.

Later at the Monastery.

We parked our vehicles and got out. Master Wu and Pixal were already waiting for us.

"What happened?" Master Wu asked.

"Max is back" mom said. "He got the powers he wanted".

A look of worry crossed his face for a second.

"Mind telling us what's going on here?" Cole said.

Mom sighted and told us to sit down, as the story would take a while to explain.

"It all started when me and Max were little. He is my older brother for three years" she started. "He and I always got along, he was my best friend".

"Then, why he hates you now?" I asked.

"I got the water powers from my mother instead of him. He said it wasn't fair, that he was the oldest and deserved the power. Or that we could had got the power both".

"Both?" Zane asked.

"There are really a few things that I have to tell your guys" Master Wu said.

"Oh, really?" Jay said. "There's something you didn't tell us? What a surprise!" The sarcastic tone was so exaggerated that I think even Zane and Pixal could understand it.

"Guys please" I said. "Can we let my mom finish what she's saying?"

"Thanks son. As I was saying, he was mad because he didn't get the water powers. I was 10 at the moment. He stopped talking to me and ignored me.  Our parents started giving me more attention because they wanted to start my training as soon as possible."

"And I guess he didn't like that lack of attention he was receaving" I said.

"That's right" she sighted. "Then I started high school. He always denied having a sister or having any relation with Elements. I never said anything but eventually someone found out".

"How?" Cole asked.

"Well, people found out I was an Elemental Master when I got trapped in the school basement with a few friends and it somehow started flooding. We couldn't open the door and the water was already at the level of our chests. So I used the power to make the water stop raising".

"Well, that's one weird situation to get into" Cole commented.

"And for the siblings thing?" Jay asked.

"If you haven't noticed, we look so much alike so it was just putting two and two together. And maybe someone saw us enter the same house".

"I don't think Max was very happy when everyone knew about it" Zane said.

"He was furious" mom continued. "His friends wanted to spend more time with me than him. I basically became the popular girl, even if I wasn't so happy with it. I loved my brother, but he just didn't want anything to do with me. When he turned eighteen, he just talked about leaving and going to some place he would get 'accepted' in his words".

"And I guess he did" I spoke.

"Two years after that, he got determinated to find the Overlord".

"The Overlord!?" we all screamed.

"Yes" mom said. "He thought he could give him powers and be his master, and I guess he did it. One day I saw him packing and I tried to stop him from leaving, so he attacked me. Next thing I know, I'm in the hospital with my head hurting".

"He really got too far" I said.

"I think I really have to thank him. I met your father that day at the hospital".

"There's really no need to explain that, honey" dad spoke nervously.

"Well, now I want to know more" I said with a grin in my face.

"He fell off a tree and broke his leg" mom explained. "He got dared to get up there by his friends".

"Maya!" dad exlaimed.

I thought it was kinda funny because if dad couldn't say no to a dare, then I got that from him.

"Changing the subject" Lloyd said. "You knew about this, Sensei?" 

"I have to admit I did" he said. "I was creating the Elemental Alliance at that moment, so Maya told me a few things about that".

"Now can you tell us what's that thing about two sibilings getting a same power?" Cole asked.

"And also, how were my parents using powers before?" I added.

"One thing after another" Master Wu said. "For the sibilings thing, there is a low chance of sibilings getting the same power, more common in twins, tought. And for Ray and Maya using powers, when Elemental kids inherits a power, the parents still have a bit of it, just being able to be used in danger situations".

"So when we have kids, we'll still have a bit of power?" Lloyd asked.

"Who said you're going to have kids, Single Pringle?" Cole joked, recieving an angry look from Lloyd.

"Anyways, what's the plan now?" Zane asked.

"We need to know where Max has Nya" I said.

"Guys" Jay said.

"Jay, it's not time for cracking jokes" I told him.

"No, I-" he couldn't finish. He passed out that moment.

"Jay!!" we all exclaimed.

Words: 965

I'm getting a boost of motivation rn, three weeks since last update and almost 1000 words.

I'm trying to update more often bc I have a lot of stories in mind and I need to put everything in place and I have three Ninjago stories on drafts plus the other four of this serie and more.

So, yeah, inspiration and more updates.

Cya!

Words after editing: 1039

I added a few sentences to make the whole thing go smoother and corrected some mistakes.

I'm slowly seeing my old writing style getting better. It's a cool transition, seeing my own evolution. Even if at the start it's a bit cringe but it's fine.

Anyways, byee.