Ep. 10. Mind is a Prison

"What the...?" Cole said.

"Such and useful thing being able to control people by just hitting them with my power" Max, in Jay's body, laughed. With the typical villain laughter.

"We won't let you take Nya again!" Kai screamed.

"I don't want her anymore" he said. "Not after knowing the potential of your redhead friend. The Amber power is better for my Master's plan".

Kai instinctively stepped in front of Skylor even if he knew she could take care of herself.

"Master?" Lloyd asked. "You mean the Overlord? He gave you your power".

"You little ninja are so naive, thinking you know everything" the villain said. "Yes, he gave me my power and was my master for a while, but not anymore. But enough talking, I need the redhead".

He charged against Kai and Skylor, and a fight broke between the ninja and their controlled friend.

~~~

Jay's POV:

My whole body felt numb. I couldn't move and also see or hear a single thing.

Maybe I should had told the others about what happened. Maybe I could had avoided this. But Nya is more important.

I opened my eyes to find only darkness. It didn't make much of a difference eyes opened or closed.

I tried to walk around and realised that I didn't have a physical body. I was only consciousness going around on an empty, black space.

I wandered through the place. It seemed to be infinite. Then I saw a light in the distance. I went there as fast as I could.

It looked like a big screen, but then I realised that it was what I was seeing with my eyes. I must have been trapped inside my own head. If that even makes sense.

My mind was a prison. Like on that song Nya likes.

I had to get back the control of my own body.

"You don't think I'll let you get the control, do you?" A voice spoke, coming from everywhere.

"Max..." I said. "Haven't you done enough?"

"You can try all you want but I won't stop controlling your body. For now. I'll probably make you jump of a cliff or something when you stop being useful".

I looked at the 'screen'. The others were fighting 'me'. I noticed that Kai was trying to protect both Nya and Skylor. My girlfriend was sitting on a corner trying to stay away as much as possible from the fight.

Max was in disadvantage, as he couldn't use his dark power on my body.

"You're losing, you know?" I said, knowing that Max could hear me.

"You're annoying, you know?" His voice spoke.

"So you have sense of humor, you're the first. The other villains are just stupid".

"As I said, you're annoying" he sounded bothered.

"First of all. Only my friends can call me that. Friendship privileges, you know. And second, what makes you think I'll stop talking if that distracted you?" I looked at the 'screen' and saw that the others were taking more advantage because I was distracting Max.

No response. I focused my attention on trying to get back the control of myself.

Then I took a look at the screen again. And then I knew why Max didn't respond earlier.

He had to concentrate to use my powers. That's what I assumed. He shot Zane. It caught him off guard and fell to the floor, powered down. Ooofff, Pixal is going to get angry I thought.

I felt so useless. My mind was my prison and I just could watch. Max shot Lloyd, who avoided it by miracle.

Then he shot Cole. He got hit and backed a few steps, stumbling, and took a moment to catch his breath back. Hell, no one shots my best friend and gets away with it.

"Hey!" I said, angrily. "Don't dare you do that again!" He just ignored me.

If only I could stop him from attacking my friends. Ugh, I hated that dumb bi-

"I can hear your thoughts, you know?" Max said.

"Overpowered asshole" I muttered.

"Watch your mouth, ninja".

"Is this still part of your weird revenge?" I asked. "Because if it is, you're not the first villain to want revenge for random things that happened years ago. Even if normally they go against Lloyd or Wu, mostly Wu. But the Time Twins were against Kai and Nya and had their parents kidnapped. You'd get along with them pretty well, I think. But they're lost in time so..."

"Ugh, six ninja and I had to control the one that doesn't ever shut up" Max complained.

"Then stop controlling me, duh".

"I can't believe that your friends can stand you".

While he was talking to me, his fighting level didn't get any lower, kind of admirable, to be honest.

I saw that Nya had managed to crawl over to Zane and got him back online. Lloyd had knocked off the sword from Max's (my) hand and he was now just using my power.

Maybe I could just stop trying to get the control back, wait until my friends won the fight and just let them find a way to reverse this control. Could work.

But there was one tiny little small problem.

I hate waiting.

My patience level is lower than the number of things Wu has told us before that thing got tried to get revenge on him and attacked Ninjago. Which is zero. Which means I have a negative number of patience.

"You do this often?" Was I trying to start a conversation with a villain that on top of everything was controlling me? Well, I was really bored.

"Do what?" Max asked.

"Control people and take revenge on family members".

"Nah, it's my first time. Are we actually having a conversation about this on a casual tone like if we were talking about the weather and if we weren't enemies?"

"Yep. Cause I'm bored, man" I complained.

"And I'm bored of you go shut up for a while".

"Rude".

"If I could just mute you, I would" he said. "But it's still your mind, even if I'm controlling you, and there are still some things I can't control".

Some things he can't control, huh? Oh wait, he can hear my thoughts. Well, screw it. Maybe if I can know what other things he can't control?

People say that feelings are stronger than anything else. Like when we got our true potentials. It was based on our feelings.

Maybe I could try to do something similar. Nya was in danger when I unlocked my true potential.

We could say that my friends were in kinda danger, but I wasn't getting the same feeling of urgency, as they were managing the situation quite well on their own.

I started at the screen again. I couldn't find Nya... I was getting hell worried.

Then Max, as if he could hear my thoughts -he could, I don't know what I'm saying- turned around, and there she was. Crap, crap, crap.

I saw clearly how Max was about to attack Nya, and next thing I knew, I was on control of my body again.

Words: 1191

This chapter is shitty like hell. But like it wasn't planned that Jay got controlled.

Yk when sometimes the character is like it takes control? If you get it, you get it. Max just took control of my writing on the last chapter and controlled Jay.

Anyways, recently I started a new story called A New Era. I just updated the first chapter. The actual first chapter was the prologue. Go check that out if you want.

Well bye.