Chapter 2

The bus ride was pretty long and tiring, but it was fun. The Smallbones sang a lot of their songs, and the Ranchers sang along happily. That lasted only about two hours, then we stopped for lunch.

The Ranchers and other kids on the bus went to the Panda Express for lunch and waited there for lunch. The line was so long, but it went (a little) quicker because the Smallbones were with us. But it was still pretty long because a lot of the people wanted autographs from them.

"At least the humans got good taste!" Eli snapped playfully at Zeke who was complaining about the line being so long.

"But I'm hungry!" Zeke whined, doing the ASL for self-pity.

"Yeah, well tell your bottomless-pit of a stomach that these people were here first. You have to wait!" Eli explained, sighing along with her words to make her point. Zeke huffed and crossed his arms.

"Jazzy! Tell her my stomach is very important." He called for me like a puppy while pointing at Eli childishly. I laughed and shook my head.

"Here let me make it better." I said sweetly, then stood on my tiptoes to kiss him lightly on the lips. He grabbed me by the hips and lifted me up. Then he kissed me deeply on the lips as I closed my eyes.

"Ew! Get a room!" I opened my eyes to see Cable cupping his hands around his mouth, Eli rolling her eyes, and Hunter putting a finger to his tongue in mock disgust.

"You're just jealous!" Zeke snapped, putting me down.

"Oh yeah?" Cable smirked, then gently grabbed Eli's hand and pulled her close to him. He kissed her lightly on the forehead and she laughed.

"Cable!" She squealed, squirming out of his grasp. He sent a pouty face her way and she lightly kissed him on the cheek.

"Guys!" Hunter fake gagged again, and we all laughed.

About an hour later of squabbling, laughing, talking and a little singing from both the Ranchers and Smallbones, we were finally at the front of the line. We each ordered an Orange Chicken Bowl, except for Eli, who just ate a fortune cookie.

"What'd your fortune say?" Luke asked Eli when we were eating. Eli looked at him, then spoke.

"It said 'Your smart mind will lead you to good outcomes'". Eli explained. Luke nodded.

"Sounds about right." he winked at her. She smiled softly, but I could tell it was fake. Something was on her mind, but I couldn't place it.

"Come on." Joel said after we had finished. "We have to get back to the bus."

"Alright." We said, quickly packing up our left-over food. Joel and Luke took roll call once we were back on the bus and then we were off.

We had only about another five hours to go. Yay!!

Eli's POV

I kept the paper from the fortune cookie. I don't know why, but I thought I should.

About half an hour after the bus left the Panda Express, I looked over at Cable who had fallen asleep. He looked really peaceful while he slept, so I didn't bother him.

I stood up and walked to Jazzy and Zeke's seats only to find them fast asleep, Zeke's arm around Jazzy's waist, Jazzy's head on his chest, and his other hand holding her's softly.

Honestly, when I saw it, I envied her. Jazzy and Zeke love each other so much, and were very happy with one another. I wished I could have that kind of love with someone.

Sure I have Cable, and sure, we're boyfriend and girlfriend, but it never really seems like it. Sure, he kisses me on the forehead at times, and sure, he's protective, but we never seemed to have what Jazzy and Zeke have. They are like a married couple, and Cable and I are just like, best friends with forehead kisses.