Chapter 3

Zeke's POV

"What am I gonna do? I've been planning this ever since, like, I don't know, we were sophomores!" I exclaimed loudly to Cable. I had asked him to help me do it.

"Dude, you're the one who wants to pro-" I slapped my hand over Cable's mouth, cutting him off.

"Don't you dare say the plans out loud! You hear me?" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Ezekiel Mumkhapheli French!" Cable snapped at me. I jumped back from him. 

Full names mean trouble.

"I agreed to keep the secret from Jazzy, but I still think Hunter and Eli should help. Almost no one knows Jazzy better than Eli, and Hunter's our friend. They should help us!" Cable ordered.

"Terry Valadez!" I hissed, mad he used my full name, "I don't want this getting to Jazzy!"

"Hunter Younj can keep a secret!" Cable said, a small smile tugging at is lips. 

Apparently, we are now using full names.

"Well, I don't think Eliza Domashi can keep secrets well!" I sassed, giggling a little.

"But she can if it involves her friends, such as Jazzy Khon, uh, French!" We both jumped to see Eli in the door with a smirk on her face.

"Eli? How long have you been there?" Zeke asked, startled. Wait, I'm Zeke.

"Long enough to know that you want to propose to Jazzy, and we're gonna help you." Eli explained, jabbing her finger on my chest. Hunter appeared at the doorway smugly.

"Yup!" he said. Eli winked at him, and he grinned.

"Okay, you can help. Now, let's get out of here before Jazzy shows up." I said hurriedly. 

JAZZY'S POV

I stayed in my seat as I watched the other Ranchers walk out of the small room at the back of the bus. Zeke sat back down next to me, Eli and Cable sat in their seats, and Hunter sat back down behind us.

"What were y'all doing?" I asked Zeke. Zeke looked at me then at a now asleep Hunter.

"Uh, um, uhh?" Zeke's cheeks flushed red, and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Mis dios." Eli groaned and leaned over the back of her seat and stared at us. And she did NOT look not annoyed.

She looked very annoyed.

"Zeke wants to invite you to the end of the week dance at Camp, but he's a diggleberryheaded CHICKEN!" Eli explained, emphasizing the word chicken. She stared at Zeke with a blank yet very tired expression.

"Uh, yeah. Um, Jazzy, will you go to the dance with me?" He asked awkwardly. I looked at Eli again, who just groaned and sat back down. 

"Say yes and kiss before I get poisoned by the awkwardness. The secondhand embarrassment is killing me!" I heard her order. I chucked, then turned to Zeke.

"I'd love to." I said, then pecked him lightly on the lips. Zeke smiled and exhaled loudly. He reached out his hand and gently placed it behind my ear. He looked from my eyes to my lips as my heart skipped a beat.

I was about to close my eyes, but......

"Ew, guys save it for after we murder y'all in paintball!" I looked up and saw Eli staring down at us again.

"Okay! Dang! It's not like you and Cable ain't gonna do nothing all week!" Zeke snorted in amusement. Eli blushed, but then growled.

"Tell that to his corpse." Eli rolled her eyes and pointed to the sleeping Cable beside her.