Pt. 20

Jimin's POV

I hurriedly wipe my lips and fix myself before sprinting down.

I was worried he would walk upstairs and the both of us looking like a mess.

"Oh hiii!" I said with the most peppiest voice I could muster.

"Hi? Um..What's up with your mouth? Why is it so red?" Taehyung asked and I gasped.

"Oh No! my lip tint must be too aggressive!" I said and he laughed.

"Oh damn maybe you should wipe it off..It looks like you hardcore made out with someone a second ago" He said making my heart drop.

I gulped and smiled.

"So what are you here for?" I tapped on the counter waiting for him to leave.

"Uh..I'm usually always here? It's my shop" He said confused.

Why am I so dumb?

It hurts to feel this way about my best friend who I currently want to leave right now.

I don't like lying to him.

I mean..Only when I have to..

But this doesn't feel right..

"You're acting so weird..Is Jungkook here?" He asked and I shook my head for some reason.

WHY THE FUCK DID I SAY NO?

"Oh still not talking?" He asked concernedly.

"We made up a while ago. We're talking now" I said and he looked hurt.

"When we're you going to tell me this?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well most of the time when you're here I'm asleep.." I said twiddling with my string.

"And? You have a phone don't you? You could've texted." He said and I bit my lip.

WHY AM I SUCH A BAD FRIEND?

HES RIGHT WHAT AM I DOING???

Then the worst thing possible happened.

"Oh Taehyung what are you doing here?" Jungkook said walking down the stairs.

I looked at Jungkook then back to Taehyung.

Taehyung had a straight face on.

"Nothing just stopping by to pick up some mail" He said and smiled at me.

"Um Jungkook can you go back upstairs for a sec?" I said then dragging Taehyung to the storage room.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do Mr. Park" he said unamused.

"Listen I don't know why but I lied for literally no reason" I said holding his shoulder.

"I've come to the realization I like Jungkook and I didn't know how to bring it up" I said and Taehyung had his jaw dropped.

"AND YOU WERE OVER HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT HIM! AND NOW YOURE TRYING TO SLEEP WITH HIM!" he whisper yelled and I covered his mouth.

"I know you don't have to tell me" I rolled my eyes and he moved my hand from his mouth.

"Wait, but doesn't Jungkook have a soulmate he's attached to? You don't want to break that bond right? I know you're not that type of person to steal someone else's soulmate" He said and I was about to spill everything.

But I stopped myself.

I cannot tell anything further about our situation without Jungkook's consent.

In the past recent days, Jungkook has told me that I'm the only person that knows his string is broken.

I cannot break that trust.

"I know which is why I'm not making any moves. AND THE REASON WHY I DIDNT MENTION IT" I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"Still doesn't explain why you lied about him being here. Or the reason why you didn't tell me y'all made up" He said and I groaned.

"EVEN I DONT UNDERSTAND! JUST GET THE MAIL AND LEAVE" I said pushing him towards the mail while he laughed.

"Eventually you'll have to tell me~" He sang and I rolled my eyes once more.

"thank you and never come again!" I waved goodbye and went up stairs.

I heard the door ding indicating Taehyung left while I reached the top of the stairs.

I made eye contact with the bed where Jungkook looked up from his phone to me.

"Fuck you" I said and he chuckled.

"No I'm going to fuck you" He said and I stood there in disgust.

"Don't ever say that again" I said walking over to the bed and plopping on it.

"You almost killed me when you went down stairs. My life flashed before my eyes" I said and he curled up next to me.

"I'm sorry bae" he said in a cringe voice and snuggled into my neck.

I pushed him away and moved over.

"Why do you do the things you do" I said and he started laughing so hard.

"I'm sorry I had to! It was the right moment" He kissed my cheek and we laid on the bed together in peace.