~threatened to suffocate her~

two

The leafless, low hanging branches of the autumn trees, clawed at her bare face, digging into her skin as Bella rushed away in fear or shock, she didn't know. The chilling wind cut her to the bone while roots of all sizes stuck out from the uneven ground, trying to trip her with every step she took.

The pale brunette thought that maybe, even though she was out of breath, she'd feel safe when her eyes spotted the faded white back door of her home, but no...

The pained, heart aching howl of agonising desperation echoed through her mind and soul. It drowned out every certain and uncertain thought that had entered and joined the growing made of overwhelming negativity consuming her since the Cullens had abandoned her. With all this, she didn't even notice her father or Harry Clearwater as she slammed the door behind her and fled up the stairs like her heels were on fire. Nor did she notice the exceedingly suspicious gaze of the grey haired Quileute pursue her race from the back door up to her room.

Bella panted against the door of her bedroom, her eyes tightly shut as she shivered with her waning adrenaline while trying her hardest to swallow the building panic in her throat that threatened to suffocate her.

What the hell had she done?

What was she gonna do now?

And just who was that... she couldn't exactly call him a man, even though he was the most perfect specimen she had ever seen, because he definitely wasn't...

Those heavy chains to the thick metal shackles around his wrists and ankles, legs, neck and waist looked rusted and old so he had to have been there for a very long time. And obviously against his will judging by the blood splatter and injuries on his body.

She wondered why he hissed and looked so tortured with every move he made against them. Did they burn his skin or something?

Bella almost facepalmed. Hard.

Of course, he was in pain. He'd been imprisoned in a small black hole for God knows how long, strung up like a piece of meat with pieces of jagged metal stuck into his body like knitting needles in a ball of yarn.

So many goddamn, unanswered questions were currently bouncing around her head that she just couldn't think straight.

But then suddenly there was one thing, now only one, that had her main focus completely...

:3

The Quileute Wolves' paws pounded loudly on the forest leaf litter as they raced past the trees towards the reservation. They had no clue on could have made that thunderous, horrifying sound. It was encased in despair, outrage and betrayal.

Surely the Council Elders would know, right?

The woods came to an end, providing the Pack with the sight of their homes and the land they were both to protect. Awaiting them, side by side, near the centre of the reservation, were two of the three Elders, Billy Black and Quil Ateara IV.

Their blank, emotionless faces made the Wolves shift slightly on their paws, nervous murmuring running through their minds.

The Quileutes were soon on two feet, each of the young, yet tall men, grabbing a pair of the many denim cut offs hidden by the treeline. Within minutes of the Pack being covered up, Sam spun around and stormed up to the pair of Elders, his arms crossed and his face fierce, with all focus on the two.