~wiping away the dried blood~

four

With rosy pink cheeks, the brunette gave her blue eyed Stranger, still lying in her lap, a shaky smile, "Uh, hi... I'm Bella."

The deafening silence of the cave held them both for a minute or two before he finally gave her a response, "You are beautiful..."

The pink dusting of her cheeks darkened and the chocolate eyed girl's lips touched up into an awkward but genuine smile, "Thank you."

"I am Rykar."

"That's... different..." Bella murmured back, her smile becoming more shy as she stared into his hypnotic gaze, not being able to stop herself from running her fingers through his mane like hair, the raven coloured locks still somehow soft and silky. She then frowned, looking distressed and concerned, "How long have you been down here?"

His bright cobalt eyes glazed over with the sinister thoughts of his imprisonment and his baritone voice deepened even further, "I could not tell you, my Bella. One loses count after such a long time..."

The tall brunette pressed her lips together, wanting to comfort him until the end of time. Whatever this strange bond that she could feel towards him, which was unnerving her, helped her feel his pain.

He gently ran his thumb over her cheekbone once more and Bella's troubled frown was replaced by the bashful smile she wore seconds before, staring softly down at Rykar's face.

"Come on, Stranger," the young adult struggled to help him climb to his feet, before she guided him unhurriedly across the filthy, stone floor of his once jail, towards the deteriorating stairs.

:3

The Swan truly couldn't thank her father enough for taking a huge shift today, nor could she thank Rykar enough for being a walking heater, keeping her warm and protecting her from the harsh, freezing autumn wind that blew through the trees at the two of them.

And maybe Bella did feel a little bit like a creep, sniffing her stranger that she half carrying, half dragging towards her house, but who the hell cares, it's her house and she rescued him. She could do what she wants and besides... he smelled like campfires, raw nature and that masculine musk that she just... loved.

As she guided him through her back door and her home, up the stairs and towards her bedroom, the brunette couldn't help but think, no, actually, she knew that Charlie would most like try and kill Rykar for being in her room.

Because come on.

A boy in her room, of her blue eyed Stranger's size, totally supervised?

Bella sat him, as gently as she could, on her bed, the mattress squeaking under his massive body. The Swan winced at the sight of his filthy pants on her sheets.

Then the brunette nearly facepalmed.

She didn't offer him the leather jacket...

Even though she still somehow had hold of the huge thing, Bella hadn't even thought to give Rykar the stupid thing. She was too busy making sure wasn't drooling like a child over a chocolate cake.

The Swan met his gaze, his blue eyes never leaving her form as she fluttered around the room, thoughts bouncing off one another in her head.