1 - the new guy

angeline buckley

"oh, go fuck yourself." i roll my eyes, smacking my brother in the back of the head.

the only thing thats important to him is the LAFD wall calendar for the hot firefighters.

"the fat in your body is all in your head, buck." chim grins, munching on a cookie.

i stick my fist out for a fist bump and evan scoffs.

"do you really need to use that tittle? you could just say "the idiotic, reductive, sexist calendar that insults the dignity of this organization and furthers the myth that all firefighters are male" because i think that is a great alternative." hen grins.

"agreed." i raise my hand.

"yeah, thats not any less words."

"i dont even know how im related to you." i shake my head.

"come on, guys. its for charity." bobby, our captain says.

"now that is a beautiful man." chim says, staring over my shoulder.

"wheres the lie?" hen says. "and i like girls."

'beautiful man' indeed. he has dark brown hair that sits messily on top of his head. theres a little bit of stubble framing his jaw. he turns to put on his shirt and his back muscles flex.

a hand covers my eyes. "evan i swear to god if you dont take your crusty hand off of my face so i can see this mans nice ass, im going to kick you in the balls."

his hand slowly falls and he turns to bobby. "who is that?"

i can barely pry my gaze away from his firm stomach until i notice hes staring at me.

i meet his eyes and let out a squeak as he lets out a small laugh, looking away. i turn to everyone, my face a deep red.

"thats eddie diaz. new recruit." bobby answers.

"im gonna call him nice ass because damn that thing is thick." evan stares at me unimpressed, but hen and chim nod. "oh youre acting like im not a grown adult." i wave him off.

"what do we need him for?" evan asks, clearly jealous.

"he served multiple tours in afghanistan as an army medic. guys got a silver star."

damn. hes hot and was an army medic? whats next, hes good with kids?

-

"so, silver star, huh?" chim grins in the truck on our way to an emergency.

"yep." eddie smiles awkwardly, staring out the window.

"you save a platoon or something?" chim quiestions.

"no, no, uh just a convoy." chim nods with a nudge to evans side.

"uh, eddie, have you heard about the hot firefighter calendar?" hen starts, sending a grin to evan.

"sorry, the what?" he laughs, shocked that its even a thing.

"its for charity. its kind of stupid." i shake my head with a small laugh.

"so is your full name eduardo?" evan asks, switching the topic.

"no." eddie shakes his head.

"wait, can we guess? or is that rude?" i question, leaning back in my seat.

"you can try, but its not obvious." he shrugs.

"okay, my guess is edwin." hen says, wavign a hand in front of her to give it more pizazz.