10 - confess

angeline

its been two days since eddie almost died.

thankfully, we have the next two days off, so its giving eddie four days to recover before getting back to our job.

"hey, eds?" i questions, turning towards him. he hums in response. "you almost died the other day."

he sets down the book and faces me. "i almost died the other day." he echos softly.

"ive been thinking about us. well, technically about me." i say. "realizing just how much it hurt when i thought you were dead, i think im ready to put a label on us."

"really?" he smiles brightly.

i nod. "i feel so, so strongly for you." i admit. "it was so hard for me to realize before. i was so scared that you would turn up that matt, but then i realized im actually happy with you. i feel safe in your presence. i never did with matt."

"angie," he mutters sweetly, pulling me into a tight hug. "i would never, ever do anything to hurt you. also, i never thought i would ever find anyone after christopher's mom left, but then i walked into the fire station and saw you staring at me."

i grin and feel my eyes well up with tears. "im sorry, these are happy tears, i promise." i let out a watery laugh.

"they better be." he laughs, swiping a stray tear away.

"before we get too far into this, i need to sat some things if thats okay?" i pull back slightly, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"of course, sweetheart." he nods.

"okay, um..." i pause and take a deep breath. "this is going to be hard for me to tell you, but you deserve to know on so you dont get your hope up."

eddie hums and urges me to keep going, rubbing my hip softly.

"the reason i finally decided to leave matt was when i found out i was pregnant." i begin. i notice eddie's brows furrow. "i couldnt put my baby through something like that. so i packed some bags and hid them under the bed. the next day, he left for work and it was go time. i put my bags on the couch and was in the kitchen grabbing some snacks for the way when i heard the front door slam.

"he figured out what i was trying to do and..." i sob quietly. "and he beat me right then and there. he hurt me so bad that i couldnt move until the next morning. that was when i discovered the blood running down my legs."

eddie gasps slightly, pulling me into his arms. he cradles me gently. i wrap my arms as tight as i can around him, crying into his neck.

i take a second before pulling away slightly.  

"he hurt me so bad that he ruptured my uterine wall. the doctors trued to fix it, but there was so much damage that they couldnt. my uterus cant carry a baby because of him."

"angeline, baby, im so sorry. you should never have had go go through that." eddie whispers, pressing a kiss to my head.

i snuggle into his arms and he hoists me onto his waist, carrying me over to the couch. he sets me on his lap and allows me to get comfortable on him.

"i will always feel the same for you, even if you cant have kids. i care about you not your ability to carry children."

i pull him impossibly closer at the comment.

"thank you," i sniffle.

"of course, baby." he whispers.

he holds me like his life depends on it, like im the only one for him in the world.

"does this mean that i can ask you to be my girlfriend?" he asks softly, brushing my hair away from my face.

i grin and nod.

"will you be my girlfriend, angeline?" i asks and i ponder it for a minute, tapping my chin.

"mm, i dont know." i tease.

he tickles my side and i laugh, squeaking out a 'yes'.

-

"lola, put the gun down." i say calmly, showing her my hands.

no amount of training will ever prepare you for having a gun pulled on you.

lola is on the sign of a freeway and i jumped down with her. the team on the ground pulled an airmat down below us just in case, and she pulled out a gun.

"no!" she screams. "i need norman to see me!"

"lola, honey, i understand. are you sure that having every firearm in l.a pointed at you is the best way to go about this?" i say quietly. "we are all just here to keep you safe. we dont want something to happen to you, which is why im here and the mattress was down there."

she pauses before letting out a sob.

"i dont want to hurt anybody." she cries. "i just cant handle being ignored anymore."

"i get what you mean." i say, lowering my arms slowly.

"oh, come on. like you get ignored all the time. youre young and pretty." she rolls her eyes.

"you have a norman. i had a matt." i breathe shakily. "he never saw me for what i was. he just saw me for sex and someone to beat on. you think that you have something special in the beginning and then the first hit comes. or the first time they ignore you. the moral of the story, is i know that it doesnt seem like it, believe me, but there is someone out there that will treat you the way you deserve. now, instead of a matt, i have an eddie. he treats me with the most care."

she cries softly. theres feedback and then a voice calls out her name.

"i see you, lola. just like the sign says." he says.

"liar! you look right through me!" she screams, waving the gun.

"lola, honey. listen to me. i am here. and i see you. and i need you to put down the gun, okay?" norman tries again.

lola shakes her head. "you dont even know who i am anymore. ive been a mother for 18 years. and now that zac's gone, i dint know who i was before that. back when you used to look at me."

lola sniffles while leaning against the wall.

norman begins to play a song, which catches lolas attention.

she goes to stop forward but i catch her just before shes about to walk off the edge.

"i think i want to get down now." she stutters.

"okay," i begin, pulling the gun out of her hand.