11 - taylor kelly

angeline

"thank you guys for helping me on your day off." maddie says.

she found an apartment a few days ago, and me, chim, evan, and eddie are helping her move some things in.

im proud of her for being ready to move on her own. chim set up a shit ton of security around the whole apartment and now, maddie can see anything thats happening on her tablet.

"you can set the pizza and beers in the kitchen." maddie tells evan and chim.

they nod and do as she says.

"he is so cute." maddie says after a second.

"evan?!" i exclaim.

"no! chimney." she laughs.

eddie stands beside me and wraps his arm around my waist, tucking me into his side.

"also, have you guys made it official yet?" she asks, giving us a look.

i turn to look at eddie, who is already staring at me with a smile.

"yeah," i grin. "we did."

"does this mean i kind of have a nephew?!" she yells happily.

"i mean..." eddie begins. "kind of? i dont know." he shrugs.

"im gonna take that as a yes!" she squeals.

we make our way into the kitchen and sit at the table, each of us with our own slice of pizza and beer.

we finish our food and beers and then we all start to head out.

"maddie, i can stay over for a few nights if it will help you." i tell her, pulling her in for a hug. "it doesnt bother me at all. i know how scary it is being on your own after everything."

"thats okay. i think ill be okay. i may call you, though. just the thought of someone being there in case something happens. even on the phone." she says, pulling away.

"okay!" i grin. "ill be on the phone with you all night. i even have the app on my phone to watch everything."

-

"what made you want to become a firefighter?" taylor kelly asks.

the camera man shoves the camera close to my face.

earlier today we had a call where a news copter flew into a stadium. taylor kelly, the news informant was in it and now she wants to do a story on our house for saving her.

"i dont know." i sigh. "i had a traumatic few years and my brother became a firefighter. i needed to be near him to feel safe, and so i began training."

"can i ask about the traumatic years?" she pushes.

"no." i deadpan, standing and making my way over to eddie.

i let out a breath and lean into his back.

"you okay, ange?" he mutters, grabbing one of my hands.

"mhm." i hum.

i feel him turn around and wrap his arms around my waist.

"you sure?" he asks, gently scratching his nails against my back.

"i dont know." i say quietly. "taylor kelly is pushing my buttons."

"she seems to do that, baby. im sorry." he holds me close. i lean my head on his shoulder before noticing that taylor is watching us and the camera is aimed directly in our direction.

i roll my eyes and pull away from eddie.

"whats wrong?" his brows furrow, reaching out to hold my hand.

"theyre watching us." i gesture to the two people watching us.

"let them see, sweetheart. dont let them stop you." he says, caressing my cheek.

suddenly a thought rushes into my mind.

i feel terror flood through my body and let out a small gasp.

this is going to be on television. everyone can see us. everyone.

my heart rate picks up and i stop breathing.

"eddie. im going to have a panic attack." i ground out through sharp breaths.

"follow me." he instructs, wrapping his arm around my hips tk keep me steady as he leads me into an office and locks the door.

he sits down on the chair, pulling me into his lap.

"breathe, baby. breathe." he coos softly, running his hands over my sides. "focus on my touch. listen to me breath. its going to be okay."

i zone out our surroundings, leaning into his chest. his hands make small patterns on my hips as i listen to his heartbeat.

he breathes a bit louder and i realize hes trying to get me to copy.

i do just that, sucking in slowly and holding it for a second before blowing back out.

he whispers sweet things in my ear, moving one of his hands to my hair.

i feel myself start to sob.

matt.

he will see the tv and know where i am.

he will know exactly where to find me.

he will finally get me.

and kill me.

when my breathing is finally under control, i pull back slightly.

"im sorry." i sniffle, wiping off my face.

"don't apologize, angeline." he shakes his head, wiping a tear i missed. "do you want to talk about it?"

i let out a shaky breath.

"i realized that taylor is filming us for a story, right?" i start. "then i thought about how we'd be on tv and how everyone could see us. matt could see me and realize im here and know exactly where to find me."

"oh, baby." he mumbles, pulling me close as he seed my eyes well up with tears again. "hes not going to get to you. i will keep you safe, okay?"

"you dont get it, eds." i sigh. "he told me that he would kill me if he ever found me. that he would devote the rest of his life if it meant that he could get me again. and that means he will get through anyone. i cant let you get hurt."

"i wont get hurt. i know how to handle myself." he assures.

"i..." i cry. "i cant do this right now. im sorry, eddie. i think we should stay friends until i get farther away from matt. i cant be the reason you or christopher gets hurt."

i get off his lap and he stares at me with shock.

"youre breaking up with me?" he asks quietly.

"i have to-" i sob loudly, cutting myself off. "at least for now."

"if thats what you want." i see him tear up and that only makes it harder.

"i will always have feelings for you. once matt is out of the picture and theres no way that you can get hurt, we can do this again, okay?"

he nods and stands, rubbing his eyes.

"okay."

"okay." i echo, pulling him into a passionate kiss.

our last kiss.

for now.