9 - eddie pt 2

angeline

"okay, listen up." bobby begins. "buck is gonna get some thermal cams. we are going to fan out and do a grid search. chimney and ann are gonna have oxygen tanks and warming blankets standing by. i wanna start at the well and go outward in concentric circles."

i take a shaky breath and hold one of the blankets close to me.

"lapd copters are on the way." the head police officer states. "we'll use their thermal imaging to scan this wider area. to try to pick up diaz's heat signature."

"wont be easy." a voice says from behind me. i turn and find eddie completely soaked, barely being able to walk to us.

"eddie." i sigh.

suddenly i feel like i can breathe again.

"im pretty cold, man." he gasps out. his legs give out and he starts to fall to the ground. i dive over and catch his head before it slams into the concrete under him.

evan comes next to me and helps me pick him up, dragging him to the ambulance.

"lets check you out and then we can get you home." hem mutters while rushing ahead to prepare the ambulance for him.

i set him on the bed and cover him up with all of the blankets we have. his teeth chatter as he looks at me.

"i almost died. but then i remembered you and christopher." he whispers out.

"save your energy, baby. im so glad youre okay." i cry softly, ripping off my glove to push his hair away from his head.

his head is freezing cold.

i go to pull my hand back but he pushed his head closer.

"p-please keep your hand there. warm." i smile and sniffle slightly.

"let me take my other glove off and then i can get your face all warm, okay?" he nods and i make quick work if pulling off my other glove.

i place my hands on both of his cheeks, lowering my face to his.

i press soft kisses all around his face, trying my best to warm him up as much as possible. 

"sorry to ruin the moment, you two, but we have to get him checked out and to the hospital for further evaluations." chim says, stepping into the ambulance.

i press one last kiss to eddie's head and back away.

"can...can i ride with?" i ask quietly.

"of course, ann. you can sit right there and try to keep his head warm while we take his vitals and everything." hen tells me with a smile.

"okay. thank you." i smile back. i move myself behind the stretcher and place my hands back on his face.

"c-cold." eddie whimpers.

"i know, eds." i whisper.

"you'll feel warmer soon, okay? im gonna cut some of your clothes off so you get warmer sooner, if thats okay?" chim says.

eddie nods and hen removes the blankets from his upper half. he immediately shivers and i press my cheek against his, moving my hands to his neck.

chim cuts his gear off of his torso and quickly moved the blanket back over. next are his pants.

-

"are you immediate family, ma'am?" the nurse asks.

"im eddie's wife." i lie straight through my teeth, desperate to see him.

eddie's been out for the past two hours and the doctors and nurses wouldnt let anyone in. carla has had christopher for the last hour after he got out from school.

"right this way." the nurse nods before leading me to an exam room.

she opens the door and lets me in.

eddie lay asleep on the bed, huddled in every blanket possible.

"is he going to be okay?" i ask quietly.

"yes. he should be feeling better within a week. just some superficial scrapes and bruises. he may be a bit cold for a few days, but he will be just fine." she smiles softly, squeezing my shoulder.

"thank you."

she leaves the room and i pull up a chair next to the bed. i place one of my hands on his cheek, now feeling a bit of warmth.

his eyelashes flutter before his eyes open completely. i pull back my hand.

"hi," he grounds out, a small smile on his face.

"hi," i echo softly.

"wheres chris at?" he asks, his brows furrowing in confusion when he glances around and doesnt notice him.

"carla is watching him. its only an hour after school let out." i explain and his mouth forms into an 'o' shape.

"the doctor said youre okay." i smile, brushing the back of my hand against his cheek.

he just smiles brightly, pulling me closer to his bed. "get up here with me."

"are you sure?" my brows crease. "i dont want to hurt you."

"i'll be fine, ange. come on." he rolls his eyes playfully.

with a defeated sigh, i lift myself onto the bed. eddie snuggles into my side and hikes the blankets up to his chin, nuzzling his head into my chest.

"i was so worried." i whisper, tears welling up in my eyes again.

"im sorry," he frowns. i blink back my tears and smile.

"its okay. you got the boy out and youre okay." i press a kiss to his head, carding my fingers through his hair.

he smiles slightly and beckons me to lean down. i oblige and soon feel his lips on mine.

my stomach is full of elephants stomping around.

our lips move together perfectly in a sweet kiss before i pull back for air. leaning my head on his, i cant help the grin on my face.

"was that okay?" eddie asks quietly.

i hum and press our lips together once more.

he pulls away with a laugh. "i take that as a yes."

i let out a laugh and nod. he grins happily and leans back into my chest, sighing contently.