Chapter 2 ~ A Little Surprise

The last thing I remember was a girl introducing herself to me, before I blacked out from exhaustion. I'm laying in bed awake, but I'm so tired I can't move, my eyes are opened, but my senses hasn't come. I'm laying completely still in a red nightgown.

"Are you awake?" I heard a moderate kind of familiar voice ask.

"Lola, are you conscious?" The female voice asked again but a little louder this time. I rolled on my back as I open my lips slowly to speak.

"Yes" I replied as clear as possible, I got up using my headboard to keep me from falling over. I sat in my cozy bed rubbing my eyes forcing myself to wake up. I could already tell that my hair has gained a mind of it's own, it is a mess,

"You kind of blacked out last night. Do you remember my name?" The girl questioned, my eyes focused to see the same girl from last night. I was brain dead this morning so I couldn't really remember.

"Ella?" I checked, only to see her shaking her head no smiling.

"Everleigh" she corrected, I shrugged in an 'oh yeah!' type of way. Suddenly I felt something cold. I gasped in surprise when I realized that it was only water.

"Morning~" Everleigh greeted as she chuckled. I got out of bed and made my way over to my closet so I could pick out some clothes. I picked out a black skirt, a red tank top, and brown ankle boots.

"I'll let you get changed" Everleigh said

"Thank you"

Everleigh nodded and walked out the door. Is it just me, or is she incredibly attractive? "No! Don't think like that! You're supposed to be straight bitch" I internally scolded myself.

I decided to but my hair into a half ponytail and did my makeup like usual. I looked in the mirror; nothing out of the ordinary. I walked to my door fully awake now. I turned off my light
and walked out of my room closing the loud squeaky door as quiet as possible.

"Good morning my little sleepy head" my dad said chuckling at my reaction. I have him a weird look because I'm already awake.

"Morning" I said smiling a little bit. I walked over to sit next to my friends; Kali, Jasper, Alyssa, Grace, Everleigh, and Riley. Yes, Riley. He's the blonde that Kali is supposed to marry. But since I know my ways from being in the Mafia for so many years, I'll make sure Kali will get Jasper.

Riley was laughing at some stupid joke that nobody got.

"Can you shut the fuck up? It's like 6 in the morning" Alyssa said annoyed

"Yeah literally, what is your deal?!" Grace complains, laying her head on Alyssa. It's pretty insane that my dad doesn't even know about Alyssa and Grace. He just thinks that they're really good childhood friends.

"I can't disagree!" Kali rolled her eyes.

Everleigh and I laughed at everyone's reactions. Alyssa is very well liked, especially by the other members who don't have to get up until 8AM. Riley on the other hand, was very annoying and not liked at all.

"ENOUGH!" My dad screamed, everyone instantly went quiet. "We have training soon. I will partner you guys up." Dad continued

"Kali and Jasper" I can already see Kali lighting up with excitement.

"Alyssa and Grace" my dad is only partnering up because he thinks that they're besties. Not very smart for the famous mafia boss if you ask me.

"Lola and Everleigh" probably because Everleigh is new and he knows that we'll get along. But despite my assumption, I exploded internally with excitement.

"Riley you'll be with me" my dad finished.

I took Everleigh platonically by the hand and walked to the training room. Honestly the room gives me the creeps especially if I'm here practicing alone.

"I'm going to pretend that the targets are real people" Alyssa said smiling at the thought.

"Not a bad idea" Kali agreed as Jasper went up and grabbed her by the waist. Why? I have no idea, but I love seeing Kali's reactions.

"Umm I don't know how to shoot a gun or swing a knife." Everleigh said worried. I grabbed her hand and walked over to a dummy, a target, and a punching bag. We stood in front of the items, I was smiling and Everleigh was nervous.

"Don't let it intimidate you" I said calmly as I ran to grab a gun. I grabbed a short, simple gun for me and Everleigh. I ran back and gave her one but the poor girl looked so confused.

"I'll teach you how to use this gun." I suggested. I stood behind Everleigh but not entirely behind her. And without hesitation I shot the gun, knocking down the dummy.

"Okay so..." I started. I gently guided her hand to where it needs to be, the handle. I held the gun just so she wouldn't drop it. Everleigh suspiciously tried keeping her sleeves down the whole time.

"Now shoot" I whispered standing behind her, playing with her hair. Everleigh aimed the gun towards the dummy and successfully shot.

"Well done!!" I yelled through the other gun shots excitedly as fake blood gushed down the dummy.

"KALI, JASPER!!" I called out as loud as I possibly could, but before they could run over here my dad came down.

"Alright! We're going to go outside and take some lives!" My dad smiled.

Once we got outside me and Everleigh chose a sketchy street to stand, like from the horror movies. It was tender, very thin, and it smelled like cigarettes. I wanted Everleigh to go first so I could see how she can handle things.

"Okay scream for help" I said with caution just in case someone hears.

"What?"

"Just do it"

"Okay...HELP!! HELP ME!!" Everleigh cried out, damn she's good at acting.

I closed my eyes and smiled when someone came running. Suddenly, I heard the sound of a
gunshot, and the poor soul dead.

WARNING: self harm mentions

"NICE ONE!!" I cheered as Everleigh put her hands in the air dancing around. Her brown sleeves fell down and I saw...cuts..?

"Everleigh are you okay?!" I asked concerned as ever...

Unfortunately she noticed and ran towards the layer.

"WAIT!! Please.."

Word count: 1060