Part 5

Prue arrives at the local library, throwing away the coffee she picked up on the way before heading inside. She makes way to the mythology section, hoping to find better information that she got on the internet. She rummages through multiple books hoping to find a photo of what looks closest like creature, but abandons that plan after finding more words than pictures. She was hoping it'd be easy. She was wrong.

After hours of reading through multiple open books on the floor in silence, Prue gets up to puts a few back, when a book falls. She picks it up looking at the title, The Last Wars.

"Prue." A now familiar voice says behind her. She turns to face him

"Salem? What are you doing here?"

He points to the books in his hands. "Returning."

"Oh." She says, staring at him. He stares back, but steps closer making her step back. Stepping back, Prue drops the book.

"Shit." Prue lowers down to pick up the book, but her eyes catch on a small picture at the back of the book. The creature.

"This! This is what I saw at the diner the other day." She exclaims. She's not crazy, she saw it, but what was it doing there?

"You saw that at a diner? What planet are you on?" Salem says as he burst out laughing.

Red coats her cheeks. "I swear I saw it."

"I'm sure you did." He says pithily.

Embarrassed, Prue closes the book forcefully and begins gathering up all the books she picked out, ready to just end the day and forget about the whole thing. She feels the eyes on her, but doesn't comment until done.

"Why are you just standing there?"

He shrugs. She walks right past him towards the exist, he walks right behind her.

"Would you like a ride?"

"No, I think I'll walk." She responds snarky. She walks all the way to her car and starts it all while looking Salem dead in his face as she drives off. He stands there watching her, but this time she feels uneasy and can't pinpoint why.