▲ INTJ - The Architect ▲

iNTJ means introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging. Sometimes referred to as the "Architect" or the "Strategist," people with an INTJ personalities are highly analytical, creative, and logical.

There are two INTJ subtypes: INTJ-A and INTJ-T.

INTJ-A: This subtype is known as the "Assertive Architect." An INTJ-A tends to have more self-confidence than an INTJ-T, particularly when handling the up and downs of life . And if things don't go the way they expect, an INTJ-A is not likely to second-guess their initial actions or experience regret.

INTJ-T: Someone with this subtype is known as the "Turbulent Architect" and has a greater concern about the areas where they may fall short, whether in reality or perception. They also tend to use this concern to their advantage by pushing themselves harder and paying more attention to detail.

According to psychologist David Keirsey, developer of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, approximately 1% to 4% of the population has an INTJ personality type.

Here are a few key characteristics:

INTJs tend to be  and prefer to work alone.

They're self-confident and hard-working, which is a strength.
However, it can also be a weakness as they may come across as insensitive or callous.

An INTJ looks at the big picture and likes to focus on abstract information rather than concrete details.

Someone with an INTJ personality places greater emphasis on logic and objective information rather than subjective emotions.

Talking about emotions makes them uncomfortable. INTJs like a world with control and order. As a result, they prefer to make plans well in advance. Some INTJs may even employ  to get a specific outcome.

Strengths

Enjoys theoretical and abstract concepts

High expectations

Good at listening

Takes criticism well

Self-confident and hard-working

Weaknesses

Can be overly analytical and judgmental

Very perfectionistic

Dislikes talking about emotions

Sometimes seems callous or insensitive

Cognitive Functions of an INTJ

Dominant: Introverted Intuition

INTJs use introverted intuition to look at , meanings, and possibilities. Rather than simply looking at concrete facts, they are more interested in what these facts mean.

People with an INTJ personality type enjoy thinking about the future and exploring possibilities.When remembering events, an INTJ may recall impressions more than exact details of what occurred.

INTJs are good at "reading between the lines" to figure out what things might really mean.

Auxiliary: Extraverted Thinking.

As a secondary function in the INTJ personality, extroverted thinking leads people with this type to seek order, and structure in the world around them. For this reason, INTJs can be very deliberate and methodical.

People with an INTJ personality type tend to make decisions based on logic. They organize their thoughts to see cause-and-effect relationships.

Tertiary: Introverted Feeling

INTJs use introverted feeling but, because it is a tertiary function, they do so to a lesser degree than they use the dominant and auxiliary functions.

An INTJ who develops this aspect of their personality more fully pays greater attention to values and feelings when .As a result, they may also feel more drawn to people and activities that are well-aligned with their values.

Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

In INTJs, extraverted sensing tends to be the least developed of their cognitive functions, but it does still exert some influence.

This function allows an INTJ to process information through their senses.When this function is in play, people who are an INTJ may feel that they are energized by the world around them.

Famous INTJs through time include:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Thomas Jefferson
Jane Austen
Isaac Newton
Eisenhower
Gandalf (LOTR)
Bruce Wayne (Batman)
Wednesday Addams (Addams family)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Scar (Lion King)

Popular INTJ Careers

Scientist
Mathematician
Engineer
Dentist
Doctor
Teacher
Judge
Lawyer