▲ Interesting / Influential Psychological Experiments ▲

Bobo Doll Experiment
Study Conducted by: Dr. Alburt Bandura

https://www.simplypsychology.org/bobo-doll.html

Bobo doll experiment, groundbreaking study on aggression led by psychologist Albert Bandura that demonstrated that children are able to learn through the observation of adult behaviour. The experiment was executed via a team of researchers who physically and verbally abused an inflatable doll in front of preschool-age children, which led the children to later mimic the behaviour of the adults by attacking the doll in the same fashion.

(Conclusion. Bobo doll experiment demonstrated that children are able to learn social behavior such as aggression through the process of observation learning, through watching the behavior of another person)

Asch Conformity Study
Study Conducted by: Dr. Solomon Asch

https://www.simplypsychology.org/asch-conformity.html

The Asch conformity experiments were a series of psychological experiments conducted by Solomon Asch in the 1950s. The experiments revealed the degree to which a person's own opinions are influenced by those of a group. Asch found that people were willing to ignore reality and give an incorrect answer in order to conform to the rest of the group.

A Class Divided
Study Conducted By: Jane Elliott

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Class_Divided

teacher, Jane Elliott, wanted to teach her third-graders a lesson in discrimination, so she told them that blue-eyed people were superior to those with brown eyes. The blue-eyes student were furnished with a distinguishing collar and granted special privileges, and were told to ignore the brown-eyed students, who were relegated to the back of the classroom.

When the children initially questioned the concept, Elliott reassured them with a pseudo-scientific explanation maintained that the melanin responsible for making eyes appear blue was also linked to higher intelligence and learning ability. It wasn't long before Brown witnessed a dramatic change.

"I watched what had been marvelous, cooperative, wonderful, thoughtful children turn into nasty, vicious, discriminating little third-graders in a space of 15 minutes," recalled Elliott, who said she realized she had "created a microcosm of society in a third-grade classroom."

Hawthorne Effect
Study Conducted by: Henry A. Landsberger

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hawthorne-effect.asp#:~:text=The%20Hawthorne%20Effect%20is%20when,late%201920s%20and%20early%201930s.

The Hawthorne effect refers to the increase in the performance of individuals who are noticed, watched, and paid attention to by researchers or supervisors.

Car Crash Experiment
Study Conducted by: Elizabeth Loftus and John Palmer

https://sites.psu.edu/dps16/2016/03/31/car-crash-experiment/

The 1974 Car Crash Experiment was designed to evaluate whether wording questions a certain way could influence a participant's recall by twisting their memories of a specific event. The participants watched slides of a car accident and were asked to describe what had happened as if they were eyewitnesses to the scene. This research suggests that memory can be easily manipulated by questioning technique, meaning that information gathered after the event can merge with original memory causing incorrect recall or reconstructive memory.