Their Choices

"Talking."

Thoughts.

Echoed Thoughts.

"Memories."

~~~~~~

"I heard about what happened."Toga's eye snapped open and he looked up to see Zero looming over him, blocking the sun, as she stared down at him."I'm sorry about what happened to your eye, and about your Fiancée."Zero said, looking sympathetic, as if she understood what he was going through.

"It's not your fault."Toga said dismissively."When did you get back?"

"Not too long ago."Zero stated."I spoke with Akira-san and Hinata-san. They told me what happened and now Rei is avoiding me like I'm the plague."A wary smile formed on her face as Toga frowned."Hinata told me that he came and spoke with you. She also told me what you had told Rei, so I assume that's why he's avoiding me."

"I'll talk to him-No. Don't bother."Zero cut him off, shaking her head.

"You're right, my Species are pitiful creatures who cannot control their instincts and we deserve to, as the Humans say; Burn in Hell."Zero stated calmly, ignoring the way Toga was looking at her, as if he had physically harmed her by his words.

"I should have phased that a little bit differently or told him that there were a few exceptions, such as his own God-Mother."Toga said, looking at her in regret, but she merely shook her head.

"Don't worry. It doesn't hurt."Zero said, smiling gently."In fact, I think I've been around him and Ichiru for so long that he made the assumption that not all Vampires, from Pureblood to Level D, are not all bad and can control themselves, based on how many times he has seen me care for him and Ichiru when they're injured."Zero explained, shrugging her shoulders."He should see this as a learning experience... To never get too close to a Vampire."

~~~~~~

Zero let out a small groan of pain when she made the smallest movement, drawing everyone's attention back to her, as she closed her eyes and gripped her shoulder."Zero!"Yuki exclaimed while Byakuya moved to help keep her upright, ignoring his own pain, when she sagged in the water.

"Even if it's just a graze, the pain is excruciating, isn't it?"Toga questioned Zero and Yuki glared at him."That's because the bullet has an Anti-Vampire Spell embedded in it."Said Spell could even harm a Pureblood, which is why both Byakuya and Zero were in pain."Zero,"Toga pulled his cigarette out of his mouth."even if you are hungry for blood, do you still have enough reason to resign to your fate?"He questioned Zero, causing her eyes to snap open and widen briefly before she closed them again.

"Huh!?!"Yuki gasped softly, her own eyes widening and Toga raised his gun to aim Zero again, only freezing to stare at Yuki in surprised when she suddenly jumped into the pool to use her own body to shield Zero.

"Yagari-sensei, I don't know what you are to Zero, but please don't decide Zero's fate arbitrarily."Yuki said, hugging Zero and ignored, or rather, she didn't notice the icy look directed her way by Byakuya."I won't let Zero die!"She declared.

Toga stared at her coldly."You believe that he hasn't degenerated to Level E yet?"Yuki just glared back at him.

"Yuki,"Zero pushed Yuki away."leave."Yuki stared at Zero in disbelief, but Zero's gaze slid over to Toga, who was watching them with a look of annoyance on his face while keeping his gun slightly raised.

"That's as far as you go!"The sudden high pitched voice of Kaien yelling at Toga, drew everyone's attention to him and they all watched as he took away Toga's gun."I came because I was worried and look!"Kaien exclaimed angrily and Byakuya and Zero inwardly sweatdropped at his next words."That's why I hate Vampire Hunters."