7. Friends...?

Bianca POV

Boris and I were carrying some pillows to add to our rooms, we didn't talk to each other, we just walked in a peaceful silence, well, until that silence was interrupted.

"Boris!"

Boris and I turned around to see Mugman running up towards us holding a pillow. I looked at the pillows we were currently carrying, we were missing one-

"You dropped this!"

Mugman moved the pillow towards Boris. So, the pillow he was holding was one of ours...?

"Umm... thanks?"

Boris continued to look at Mugman suspiciously, but nonetheless grabbed the pillow back and held it close.

Mugman continued to beam at Boris, while I kept looking between the two. Suddenly Mugman spoke up.

"Wanna be friends?"

This unintentionally spooked Boris, causing him to drop the three pillows he was holding. Looking at Boris and Mugman, I bent over to grab the three pillows on the floor.

Maybe I should leave them to figure things out by themselves. I spun on my heels and continued walking towards our hotel room holding the pillows tightly.

Boris POV

I straightened up as I looked Mugman directly in the eyes.

"Alright, what're you trying to pull off here?"

I asked sternly, Mugman's face switched from glee to confusion quickly. He didn't reply, slightly annoying me even more.

"Can't you just pick a side? Good? Bad? Just ANYTHING!"

I yelled at him. His face switched once again, except this time from confusion to shock and sadness. His face brightened up as his eyes became slightly watery, I barely noticed.

"I-I don't know... I just do whatever my brother tells me to do!"

I kept my face stern as I looked directly at him in the eyes once again.

"So, are you going to tell me why you were after us all this time?"

Mugman's face turned back to its natural colour as his voice quieted down.

"I... can't..."

This whole 'I can't' is really starting to annoy me.

"Sorry, I thought friends don't keep secrets from each other."

I was sorta pressuring him into telling me, but it's only fair! They were hunting us earlier, to KILL us.

I closed my eyes as I thought to myself. When I reopened them, I saw Mugman's face back to a reddish colour as tears became more obvious around his eyes.

I didn't mean to make him cry!! I quickly tried to have my point of view make sense to Mugs.

"You gotta understand! It's really hard to believe you after all what you two tried to-"

I didn't get to finish as Mugs spoke up.

"No, it's okay! No one other than my bro wanted to be my friend anyway..."

Mugs was making it very hard to stay mad at him...

"Why not? I DID want us to be friends, but I thought you didn't!"

I don't understand why I am being so friendly with him, he and his brother literally tried to kill us earlier! But my gut feelings are telling me that he isn't lying and is being genuine... Either way this is really dangerous!